BEET 441 Monster Motor ( I hope )

Here's a chance to show off your zxr400, so get them digital cameras out and show us some piccies.Rebuilding your bike or modding it then let everyone in on it.

Moderator: Moderators

Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

BEET 441 Monster Motor ( I hope )

Post by Mori Man »

Been gathering up the parts to make a new motor for the bike.

Initially it started out at just SP 33mm FCR's & SP cam's with the Race CDI & Pulsar. Then I chanced upon F3 racing cams from an ex-Kawasaki team technician - they have also had additional case hardening done to them and he gave me the F3 manual thats been posted up.

I then got a H1 motor which i done the strip down thread on, and went about porting and polishing the head on it.

Then a SP motor came up and I snatched that and stashed in the cupboard, next was a ZX-4 motor , then an L , then an F3 SP and finally yesterday a ZX-4 with BEET big bore pistons :excited

The latest motor was utterly boggin so spent the morning washing it down with kerosene and parts cleaner before making any attempt to strip it down.

As soon as the rocker cover was off I instantly noticed that the cam's have had the F3 modification done to them for racing
Image Image

I had studied a pic' of the BEET kit last night so had a good idea of what the pistons should look like, so once the head was off I could confirm it was a 441 block

Once the block was off I could then see this on the pistons:

Some shots of the rest of motor:

Image Image Image Image

So once this one has cleared the bench I'll get the SP engine out (already stripped) and start preparing it for putting the crank in again.

The final spec'
F3 Slotted cams
F3 Ported head (maybe new Ex & In valves)
BEET 441cc pistons & block
New camchain , blades & tensioner
Polished & weight aligned conrods
TGN Dynamically balanced crank & new shells
Clutch new plates & steels
SP gearbox
All O rings , seals and bearings renewed
Complete engine gasket kit installed

External
Bito R&D 33mm FCR's with 50mm Trumpets
BEET side casing
BEET full Titanium Exhaust
Stick coil mod
F3 Racing CDI & Pulsar rotor mod
Earls Oil cooler with braided lines

Just to find the time & space to do the motor build - not keen to build it outside as my workroom is wall to wall with parts just now :smt012
Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly
Neosophist
My Bike: VFR400R NC24

Re: BEET 441 Monster Motor ( I hope )

Post by Neosophist »

Damn! Thats going to be one tasty motor when you've finished with it :-)
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

Post by Mori Man »

I asked BEET if the piston rings are available on their own (Handy to have) - everything is now finished !

Got this motor in the nick of time :smt004

Just bought a RG400 and have a race engine for it sitting in the kitchen, got about 75% of the bike in parts through out the flat so might make it a street fighter with ZXR SP USD's and a H1 braced swinger with SP shock....

Project, Kawazuki could be happening this winter :smt017
mongo

Post by mongo »

Hows this coming along Mori Man?

Also do beet still supply the 441 piston kit? I might be interested in ordering a set up if they still do.