ZXR400H1 build

Here's a chance to show off your zxr400, so get them digital cameras out and show us some piccies.Rebuilding your bike or modding it then let everyone in on it.

Moderator: Moderators

Borile
My Bike: ZXR400 H1

ZXR400H1 build

Post by Borile »

I bought a ZXR400 off of a forum member here a while ago, and have recently got around to getting the project started.

Ive got the engine back together and i have started to get the wiring on track, although im still looking for a complete wiring loom and some steering bearings but should have the bike back on the road before the summer to come out and play :excited

will get some pictures when im next down the workshop.
ZXR400H1
XL100S
TR6P
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

Re: ZXR400H1 build

Post by Mori Man »

Hi,

I've picked up a fll loom for a member her but he's never been in touch back - it's from a H1 and comes with fusebox and I think a few other bits like relays etc (not opened box yet).

If he doesn't get back to me soon it will be up for grabs.

Get those piccy's posted :smt002

ATB,

MM!
Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly
Borile

Post by Borile »

If you do decide to sell the loom, give me a shout and i may well have it off of you.

Im next down the workshop next week, so i may well get some more pictures then, i cant remember who had the project before me, i think he was on this forum, he also has a very trick mini, and lives on the southcoast.
ZXR400H1
XL100S
TR6P
Borile

Post by Borile »

decided to sell the project as life is getting in the way at the moment.
ZXR400H1
XL100S
TR6P
Borile

Post by Borile »

Right long story short, the bugger never came to pick it up, and since im expecting child number two in novemeber :excited i thought that it might be an idea to keep it to stop me from going :tease while the missus is pregnant.

so after a bit of work it went from this

to this

i also found this now i believe its an old style de-restrictor, but im not too sure

more updates to come, and if anyone has any front engine mount bits do let me know, turns out im missing the bolts that hold the bracket to the frame, engine mount bolts and the ones for the rad, so if anyone has them for sale, please let me know.
ZXR400H1
XL100S
TR6P
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

Post by Mori Man »

Taking shape, my next build wont be that tidy :smt010

Yup, thats a speed limiter off doofer - Pink wire going into the circuit board.

I most likely have spare bolts but until I do my build wouldn't offer any up as knowing my luck they will be the only ones I have lol

Look at the parts checker I posted up and see if still available new.

Keep going,

MM!
Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly
Tirpitz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR400L4

Post by Tirpitz »

Borile wrote:if anyone has any front engine mount bits do let me know, turns out im missing the bolts that hold the bracket to the frame, engine mount bolts and the ones for the rad, so if anyone has them for sale, please let me know.
I'd be surprised if these are anything other than standard Kwak bolts so why don't you just look on the microfiche on this site, get the parts numbers, and ring Cradley Kawasaki to order them up? Bolts won't cost much, postage will be peanuts, and you'll have them next day.
ZXR400 L4, purple / black / pink
Hel braided hoses
Pirelli Diablos
Ohlins steering damper
A16 carbon fibre exhaust can
Nitron Sport shock
Borile

Post by Borile »

Not had a huge amount of time to look recently, been getting house ready for when the baby's due, and working 12 hour shifts, will give them a shout on tuesday.
ZXR400H1
XL100S
TR6P