zxr 250 carbon mods

Here's a chance to show off your zxr400, so get them digital cameras out and show us some piccies.Rebuilding your bike or modding it then let everyone in on it.

Moderator: Moderators

greenmachine
My Bike: kawasaki zxr250

zxr 250 carbon mods

Post by greenmachine »

My first attempt at doing carbon fibre was ok until got to major curves and then it all went wrong

expensive mistakes made twice the amount of resin needed so have to do a second coat vsad

I guess that happens doing something you've never done before, just that its so expensive at $40 a metre it painful oh well we learn from our mistakes

I hope... oldman
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Re: zxr 250 carbon mods

Post by RedexRobB »

are you using the original sized mudguard as a template?

if you are your new carbon job will be too big.
Tirpitz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR400L4

Post by Tirpitz »

Like he says.........

So you're going to have to make a template then the real item. you could make the template by putting something over the original mudguard - say papier mache. Then use the INSIDE of this template to put your carbon fibre in. Then the finished item is back to original size.
ZXR400 L4, purple / black / pink
Hel braided hoses
Pirelli Diablos
Ohlins steering damper
A16 carbon fibre exhaust can
Nitron Sport shock
greenmachine
My Bike: kawasaki zxr250

Post by greenmachine »

yes I'm going straight over the original mudguard and will only make it marginly bigger not enough to worry about there a no clearance issues only where it bolts on might be a problem as that was tight fit to begin with.

to expensive to do it the other way and time cosuming as you have to make a mould and then lay up multiples layers of carbon and fibreglass to get the same effect but with the price of carbon I dont think so. :smt009
AFM327
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by AFM327 »

So your just wrapping the stock fender with carbon & resin? Pointless :wanker