H1 with ZX4 Engine

Here's a chance to show off your zxr400, so get them digital cameras out and show us some piccies.Rebuilding your bike or modding it then let everyone in on it.

Moderator: Moderators

kawazonkey
My Bike: Kawasaki zxr400

Re: H1 with ZX4 Engine

Post by kawazonkey »

Cheers for the info, found it on ebay and ordered one!
ross46
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: zxr 400 l6

Post by ross46 »

Another paint question! How much did you use? How many cans? And did you look at the 1pk lacquer they do aswell? I've got a compressor and paint gun but thinking that I can spray quickly with the can to get looking ok then do it properly later
ZX4R-F3
My Bike: 1988 ZX400-F3

Post by ZX4R-F3 »

I think it worked out about two tins per panel, i use simoniz clear lacquer nice to work with and doesn't take an age to harden. i may invest in a compressor one day would save a lot of time and effort.
[b][color=#FF0000]If your not living on the edge, then your taking up to much room.[/color][/b]
ChristoT
My Bike: ZX4

Post by ChristoT »

Just out of curiosity, where did you get your ZX4 engine? Mine's just failed (how dramatically, I won't know til I strip it), but chances are it's dropped a sleeve. Nicht gut. Where did you find spares for the engine?
ZX4R-F3
My Bike: 1988 ZX400-F3

Post by ZX4R-F3 »

Hi Chris,
I have a 1988 ZX4 i was going to rebuild, then transferred the engine into a H chassis.
I have found the majority of parts from the H and L fit the ZX4 motor, as far as i know the engines are basically the same apart from the ZX4 does not have the oil cooler, and the cams are different, the ZX4 has more aggressive cams (keep them). Inlet rubbers are interchangeable 30mm and 32mm as are the carbs
I have L exhaust, H clutch and springs, various gaskets, ZXR generator cover, valve springs, and when i get round to it going to fit H CDI and ignition pick up and see what happens.
[b][color=#FF0000]If your not living on the edge, then your taking up to much room.[/color][/b]
ChristoT
My Bike: ZX4

Post by ChristoT »

ZX4R-F3 wrote:Hi Chris,
I have a 1988 ZX4 i was going to rebuild, then transferred the engine into a H chassis.
I have found the majority of parts from the H and L fit the ZX4 motor, as far as i know the engines are basically the same apart from the ZX4 does not have the oil cooler, and the cams are different, the ZX4 has more aggressive cams (keep them). Inlet rubbers are interchangeable 30mm and 32mm as are the carbs
I have L exhaust, H clutch and springs, various gaskets, ZXR generator cover, valve springs, and when i get round to it going to fit H CDI and ignition pick up and see what happens.
Thank God! That makes my engine rebuild less daunting, thanks! :excited