zxr4/6 project

Here's a chance to show off your zxr400, so get them digital cameras out and show us some piccies.Rebuilding your bike or modding it then let everyone in on it.

Moderator: Moderators

dazzx10r
My Bike: ZX10r race bike, ZXR400L9

Re: zxr4/6 project

Post by dazzx10r »

Nothing much to report just yet, other than shotblasting and repainting the rear spring! I'm still waiting for the throttle bodies to arrive and need to source a set of clocks, then it's just a matter of getting it running. Once I'm happy that it's running ok i'll move onto sorting the front suspension. So hopefully things should be sorted pretty soon, I've even been thinking about my next project....... :smt003
MrLuke
My Bike: ZXR400 L3

Post by MrLuke »

Did you get any further with this? Very interesting project! :smt004
dayside69
My Bike: zxr400L6

Post by dayside69 »

Hey this is great, i always wondering if this conversion is applicable. I'm waiting for your first ride on this, to tell how the frame behaves under this engine power!!!
Keep on this great project!!! biggrin
Portokala
My Bike: zxr400

Post by Portokala »

Congratulations!!!You have a verry nice project!I want to do the same project with my little kawa...and i want to ask you what engine did you put in your kawa frame? Please tell us more details :) The frame was sevaraly moddified?Sorry for my bad english.Best Regards!
dazzx10r
My Bike: ZX10r race bike, ZXR400L9

Post by dazzx10r »

Sorry I have been away for quite a while and have had other projects on the go, I have sold the ZX10r race bike and just finished a building project. So I'm hoping to fall back onto the zxr4/6 in the coming weeks.
As I left the bike it had radial ZX600rr forks and the front wheel needed custom spacers, the dummy fuel tank/cover needs laying up in carbon and the aluminium fuel tank needs fabricating, then it's just a case of sorting a set of fairings. So whatch this space, I allready have a bet with a mate on beating his lap time around Cadwell Park on it! winks
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Post by zimm »

looks like a lot less frame modification than was involved in fitting the zx6r-f engine in my L1 frame.. guess they got smaller/neater over the years.

if it runs anything like mine you'll be glad you did :)

(unless it goes bang like mine)
Mavve750
My Bike: 5 ninjas and one R1.

Post by Mavve750 »

Pictures, pictures!!

What ever happened to the bike? Does it get enough air? How is the handling? What does it weigh?

Tell us please.
Mavve750
My Bike: 5 ninjas and one R1.

Post by Mavve750 »

Update please!!