L1 well the second L1

Here's a chance to show off your zxr400, so get them digital cameras out and show us some piccies.Rebuilding your bike or modding it then let everyone in on it.

Moderator: Moderators

t666top
My Bike: zxr400

L1 well the second L1

Post by t666top »

hey after the original L1 had the electrics burn out on me i started to rebuild it and was going well just had few electrical probs which i really didnt have the time or effort to fix in time for the bike season so i decide sod it and bought another.

it is a L1 although at some point in the past it has been fitted with L3 i believe fairings. it has also had a l4/5 lower milage engine fitted. it has braided brake lines and also micron stubby can.

i rode around on it like this for about a week (if that) and decided that althought the red is nice and in good condition its not classic kawasaki which was one of my reasons for buying one in the first place, so hour spent and hour or so doing a bit of swapping around and now it looks like this.

loving the classic colours and get alot more attention with them on. i also managed to pick up a light cover shown below which i will be painting white so it all blends in with the colour scheme.

you cant see on the current pics the bits that i have carbon wrapped but here is some pics of them on the other bike.

finally heres a pic of something i been working on with a ard single seat unit still wor in progress

well guys what u think???
mongo

Re: L1 well the second L1

Post by mongo »

I love them in candy red as well though. I dont think theres a single zxr 400 colour scheme i dont like!

Good luck with the single seat unit, i took it the easy way and just had a seat pod done, although im thinking of converting it so i can still use the underseat storage (curretnly just uses a metal mount through the undertray).
t666top
My Bike: zxr400

Re: L1 well the second L1

Post by t666top »

ye i do like the red its nice but still unsure lol should have to fully working l1s by end of year if i get my ass in gear, ye that a ard rear seat unit with the twin light unit moulded in, idealy i would love to find a ard seat cover and put the twin lights in an existing panel set but cant find them about i really like the racing look thou thats why i change the red i am a bit of an attention seeker lol