ZXR 400 Streetfighter

Here's a chance to show off your zxr400, so get them digital cameras out and show us some piccies.Rebuilding your bike or modding it then let everyone in on it.

Moderator: Moderators

callum@93
My Bike: zxr 400 L8

Re: ZXR 400 Streetfighter

Post by callum@93 »

ok so Iv moved house and lost my garage :( and don't have a shed at my new house yet, toad. So the whole project has now found a new home in my spare room and now all the things that make a mess (pretty much everything) and and painting has been put on hold. My front calipers still need painting properly so iv sent those off to get painted (I did paint mine but cant seem to get the front calipers to heat up and cure as well as the back one did). the engine is no longer at my house and is locked up in my old house because iv got no where to store it yet. The paint on the engine wasn't as hard wearing as id have liked neither so i think i'm guna clean it up, have it blasted and stick with the bare alloy look along with my powder coated sump and covers cos I still like them. iv had mixed results with painting at home some stuff has come up brilliant and other stuff a bit toad, maybe its painting in colder temperatures :s
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
callum@93

Post by callum@93 »

Well iv been able to get some more done. front calipers are now painted as good as the back one and both the front and back brakes are installed and working nicely (do need a brake pressure switch on the back tho :/) so iv now kind of got a rolling chassis with headlight :smt002 . Also managed to get the engine to my new house and after realizing that the silver paint I first put on just wasn't quite up to the job, I decided to do the job right. Iv been on with it this log i may as well add a few more month lol.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
callum@93

Post by callum@93 »

I know it mean pulling the engine down again but i'm not in any rush to have the bike finished and i feel much better for doing it right.
callum@93

Post by callum@93 »

My beer fridge made a great engine stand, didn't have to leave to go get a beer :D. Carbs are clean now too