ZXR 400 Streetfighter

Here's a chance to show off your zxr400, so get them digital cameras out and show us some piccies.Rebuilding your bike or modding it then let everyone in on it.

Moderator: Moderators

callum@93
My Bike: zxr 400 L8

Re: ZXR 400 Streetfighter

Post by callum@93 »

banner001 wrote:
dan661 wrote:awesome build! I bought an attempted streetfightered h2 off a guy that really had no idea what he was doing! so iv decided to strip it and start it from scratch, having a look at yours is giving me inspiration and motivation for my project! good luck with the rest of the build and ill be keeping an eye on this :smt001
what i am doing with my fzr is - make a plan and stick to it! that way you only do things once, wont mess them up down the line, dont buy useless crap for it, have a defined finish point for the project.

@callum - bikes looking good lad!
Thanks for the comments
Some very good advice from Banner that. Stick with what he says it will save you time and money. It will also save you a lot of stress.
And this reminds me I should crack on and get my bike done :D. I’ll try and get some more pics up soon.
copeyhagen
My Bike: zxr 400

Post by copeyhagen »

i came back into ur thread hoping it was finished :(

crack on, love it
callum@93

Post by callum@93 »

ok so I stuck the engine in the frame tomake sure everything fits together ok, i think its looking a bit cleaner than it did last year
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jambon
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR400 H1

Post by jambon »

Looks spotless, how did you get the engine so clean, or just elbow grease?
callum@93

Post by callum@93 »

thankyou, and yeah just days of wet and dry paper, de greaser and then a few coats of heat paint. But iv damaged the paint at the back of the motor so its looking like im guna have to re do it :/
copeyhagen

Post by copeyhagen »

engine looks like new.

im gonna fighter my zxr4 now, its been sitting in shed in new house waiting for weather to pick up.. ireland is shite for the rain..

have a k1 gixxer 750 as my commuter but im gonna try get the zxr sorted and sell the gixxer..

gonna try get my engine half as clean as yours and i would be happy! :smt008
callum@93

Post by callum@93 »

ok then, thinking of making a few changes to the plan.

sell my rebuilt forks and add a set of zx6 ones with radial calipers :smt007

get the wheels changed to a different colour (white). I have black wheels on my SV and they are a giraffe to keep clean and the black ones that are on the zxr are now chiped to death after getting a tyre put on them :smt013

and the green rocker cover, this seemed like a good idea at the time and its a good job but looks crap on the bike.

apart from that i should be sticking to my original plan and im guna try and get some new pictures up this week
copeyhagen

Post by copeyhagen »

white wheels are a kunt to keep clean. my gixxer has white wheels, clean them down with wd40 and wash them, like new... 1 commute to work, filthy!!!

white wheels look amazing though.
callum@93

Post by callum@93 »

Haha I had a feeling someone was guna say that, I know what you mean my old ns125 had white wheels and they did get dirty quick like you say, but I think white wheels do look cool and are easier to clean up (not that I’m a big fan of washing my bikes)
callum@93

Post by callum@93 »

Eventually got round to getting the wheels re coated white and i think they are looking ok

got the calipers painted gold but like the back of the motor i think I may have to go over these again because of cracking but at least i know I like them gold now. But on the plus side iv made pretty good progress on the rear end.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
callum@93

Post by callum@93 »

Rear caliper
Smousley1995
My Bike: Zxr 400 L 1993

Post by Smousley1995 »

Just seen his thread, I'm not a massive fan of street fighters really but this does look like it's going to be good! Can't believe the time effort and money you've put into this shocking good on you!
Why take life so seriously, your not going to come out alive!
Flatowtornowt
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by Flatowtornowt »

best thing ive found to keep white wheels clean is get them as clean as you can then spray the rim liberally with silicone spray (making sure you keep it clear of the tyres) wipe off the excess with a dry paper towel now when they get dirty just wipe the dirt off with dry paper towel repeat the spraying every time you feel that the dirt is starting to stick
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

calipers look mint!
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

Post by Mori Man »

callum@93 wrote:Yea i think it has had some stick in its past life like. And doesnt look like any one will be getting anything for christmas off me by the looks of these valves.
I said make sure some were not bent , not all ! shocking

Doing good work there, keep the photos coming :smt023
Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly