Moto GP rep rebuild and restore,

Here's a chance to show off your zxr400, so get them digital cameras out and show us some piccies.Rebuilding your bike or modding it then let everyone in on it.

Moderator: Moderators

Danman109
My Bike: ZXR 400 L9 2001

Re: Moto GP rep rebuild and restore,

Post by Danman109 »

Hmm might leave the disc for now.. they're not cheap to replace!

however this is my new purchase! a set of BEET aluminium footrests for £60 :-D

ZXR 400 L9 race bike
ZXR 400 L2 Hopkins GP replica.
Danman109

Post by Danman109 »

A bit of an update...

Iv ended up concentrating on my track bike for a while, the 2002 zx6 shock doesnt fit the 400 :( not unless you have the original bottom bolt for the zx6 shock and make a couple of spacers for the forks at the bottom. (so i have one for sale :smt002 )

The bike has been festering for a while now :( still waiting for money so i can get it back on the road, insurance being the usual culprit :smt013 daylight robbery if you ask me..

The HRC rear brake reservoir kit started sweating/leaking in accordance with all the horror stories i'd heard, i have one more kit i'l use on the race bike but i have zero confidence that it wont leak, certainly wont be buying another. The bike still needs new downpipes and a good dyno set up and an oil +filter change.

Who knows when she'l be back on the road but as soon i can i'l post a good 'ol GoPro video for y'all.
ZXR 400 L9 race bike
cookiesol
My Bike: ZXR 400 L7

Post by cookiesol »

would u be able to advise on the font type/size used on Hopkin's gp bike that your l2 is modeled after?
refering to the kawasaki word on the fairing and the ZXRR near the air duct.

couldnt find the answer off the net :(

thanks a bunch!
Danman109

Post by Danman109 »

Hi all,

So for many, many reasons this bike was taken to bits, put to one side and neglected for over a year..

As its not being used and im not going to use it again the time has come to sell it.

In the space of a year:

1) All the rubber parts of the rear shock perished and crumbled (it wasnt in great nick to start with)
2) fork seals gone
3) excess fuel gummed up the carbs, filter & pump (should've drained it... didnt :smt012 )
4) chain and sprockets turned to dust... i mean rust..

So in general the bike has been stripped down and being given a thorough 'going over' before sale.

Including repainting the alternator gasket and giving the engine a good ol' fashioned clean!

fork seals and oil will be done soon, then its just a case of reassemblem cross fingers and hope it fires up!

I know most of the previous images have gone from this thread, i'll have to dig around for the new links at some point!
ZXR 400 L9 race bike
Danman109

Post by Danman109 »

So this is possibly the last update on this thread vsad the bike is all rebuilt, the fork bushes in were a tad(!!) worn so i replaced them while rebuilding the forks...

So the bike is now up for sale... :smt004 please PM for more details, please note im waiting on the DVLA updating the address on the V5 after i moved house.

ZXR 400 L9 race bike
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

Post by Mori Man »

Wow , 3yrs in the making - where has that gone ! :smt017

Looks good in those colours , would have still put mirrors on it for the road though :smt023

New owner should be well chuffed with it :smt004
Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly
Danman109

Post by Danman109 »

Mori Man wrote:Wow , 3yrs in the making - where has that gone ! :smt017

Looks good in those colours , would have still put mirrors on it for the road though :smt023

New owner should be well chuffed with it :smt004
Yeah!! 3 years, a house move and side tracked into racing that's where it went!

Mirrors, luggage brackets, original indicators, etc are all included in the sale, just a personal preference that i didnt use them on the road :smt002

Thanks MM, I would love keep it but i just dont use it now im racing.. :( im sure someone else can put it to good use, i couldnt bring myself to turn it into my wet bike!
ZXR 400 L9 race bike
copeyhagen
My Bike: zxr 400

Post by copeyhagen »

that looks really well, lovely paint job
Flatowtornowt
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by Flatowtornowt »

Danman109 wrote:A bit of an update...

Iv ended up concentrating on my track bike for a while, the 2002 zx6 shock doesnt fit the 400 :( not unless you have the original bottom bolt for the zx6 shock and make a couple of spacers for the forks at the bottom. (so i have one for sale :smt002 )

The bike has been festering for a while now :( still waiting for money so i can get it back on the road, insurance being the usual culprit :smt013 daylight robbery if you ask me..

The HRC rear brake reservoir kit started sweating/leaking in accordance with all the horror stories i'd heard, i have one more kit i'l use on the race bike but i have zero confidence that it wont leak, certainly wont be buying another. The bike still needs new downpipes and a good dyno set up and an oil +filter change.

Who knows when she'l be back on the road but as soon i can i'l post a good 'ol GoPro video for y'all.
tygon 2375 is what tubing you need for your rear res