Streetfighter H2 Project

Here's a chance to show off your zxr400, so get them digital cameras out and show us some piccies.Rebuilding your bike or modding it then let everyone in on it.

Moderator: Moderators

dan661
My Bike: kawasaki zxr400 H2

Re: Streetfighter H2 Project

Post by dan661 »

After I fit my new chain tensioners that will be the rear end finished.
Painting the sprocket cover today is also on my to-do list. Im hoping for a productive day today as the weather is good this morning.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dan661

Post by dan661 »

Just got my new seat cover on and im really happy with it. The green leather matches perfectly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
monstermotogp
My Bike: zx7r

Post by monstermotogp »

that frame and swinger came up a treat very nice in the matt black!
john
dan661

Post by dan661 »

Thanks john, the only down side is that dust shows up on it really badly! so im always having to dust it haha.

Another update on my bike. I put the battery back in a few days ago to check the electrics, then when I turned the key...nothing at all. no ignition light or neutral light. Seeing as the battery had been stored for a while I thought it wouldnt do any harm in getting a new one. So I bought this mother of a battery, Just installed it a few mins ago and the same thing happened.... absolutely no power. its quite frustrating because I dont really know where to start :smt017 electrics have never been my area but I guess this is a good time to get learning!!

Iv also got a new radiator ordered (I say new...its new to me haha) as iv done some research and apparently H radiators are shorter and havnt got the curve in them, which might explain why the owner of the bike before me decided to bend all the brackets on the old radiator to make it a shoddy fit.
Theres also a new seat bracket on its way because before hand it was held on with a bent fairing bracket!!
Also a new fuel pump bracket....because guess what...the old one was held on with a zip-tie!! whoever had this bike before me must have had no patience to do anything properly!!

Plus ill be getting my new single seat unit over the next few days which im really excited about! :excited
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Post by banner001 »

check your fuse box for damaged fuses, also check your 30A main fuse (located with the starter solenoid).
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
dan661

Post by dan661 »

Just had a look now and all of the fuses are fine, ill have a look on the electrical part of the forum and see if anyone has had the same experience. The person that had it before has chopped a few wires and made a few 'mods' so whilst the loom has been off I might have broken a dodgy wire or connection.
dan661

Post by dan661 »

iv just done a very close inspection of the loom and I found these suspicious looking wires.
The 2 black wires on the left had been twisted together and held there with tape, and the one on the right was just like that in the loom.
Would the next step be to trace these wires to see what component they lead to? any help would be amazing. Thanks
dan661

Post by dan661 »

My bike is alive!! Well the electrics anyway..hearing the fuel pump prime itself put the biggest smile on my face! With that obstical overcome its now onto fitting the chain whilst waiting for a few more parts to arrive.
copeyhagen
My Bike: zxr 400

Post by copeyhagen »

looks cool. was your top yoke re drilled for te risers do you know?
dan661

Post by dan661 »

Apologies for taking so long to reply, as far as im aware the top yoke has been drilled, iv not had the bars off so im not 100% sure.
dan661

Post by dan661 »

Hello everyone, can somebody please tell me what this is in the picture? I cant remember if anything attached to this and I cant find out any info about it in the manuals, but it fires out water so my guess is its either a coolant bleed point or iv missed something horribly obvious. Im starting to realise the importance of taking photos of EVERYTHING when disassembling. Im 99.9% sure I didnt remove anything from it and its driving me mad!!
banner001
Track day God
Track day God

Post by banner001 »

hard to see exactly what it is, or where it is, or whats its coming from?

if its a small connector on the engine, underneath the 4 vacuum nipples its probably the carb heating circuit (although i dont know if the H models had them), if so, it will need either blanking off, or re-routing through the carbs and then down towards where the water pump is, or just re-route it down to where the water pump is (if you have the little adaptor that normally sits there).
banner001
Track day God
Track day God

Post by banner001 »

dan661

Post by dan661 »

sorry I should have been a bit more specific, its to the left of the thermostat under the carbs.
banner001
Track day God
Track day God

Post by banner001 »

must be either for 1. coolant cleaning, or 2. carb heating, i take it the engine is an un-modified H2 engine as it has the H-style thermostat (L connects from the other side), it must be part of the cooling system, so just have a good look over everything and make sure you have not missed a connector somewhere.

edit, i cant see it referenced in the manual or the microfiche, best ask another H2 owner to have a look at theirs?