Carbon trim

Here's a chance to show off your zxr400, so get them digital cameras out and show us some piccies.Rebuilding your bike or modding it then let everyone in on it.

Moderator: Moderators

Big Hoddie
My Bike: ZX4R

Carbon trim

Post by Big Hoddie »

Fitted a full micron race system. Will shortly be replacing the can with an sp engineering can. Removed the hoover pipes for a nice flat panel that will be carbon wrapped soon. The whole bike is going black and carbon fibre (sorry wabby). I have to change the fork seals, service the brakes and flush the oil tank and change the oil and filter. More to follow.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nisi1991
My Bike: ZXR 400

Re: Carbon trim

Post by nisi1991 »

good looking bike there mate

got any more plans for it?

david
Big Hoddie

Post by Big Hoddie »

Yeah, but they keep changing depending on how much i have handy. Basically, upgrading the brakes and getting a new shock, respraying black with a carbon fibre trim, ditch the pillion seat, digital koso clocks, get some parts to boost power and then work on the trinkets lol
Big Hoddie

Post by Big Hoddie »

Oil and filters here, kyb shock is here, fork seals and oil is here, brake fluid and k2 seals are here, renthal grips are here, chain and sprocket kit (renthal s4rs with -1/+1) here, bulbs are here, just waiting for carbon wrap and mirror blanks....
ReubenThomas
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR400 L3

Post by ReubenThomas »

Looks gorgeous shocking cant wait to see it carbon wrapped, I just ordered some myself to do my tank cover and fairing infill biggrin !!
Big Hoddie

Post by Big Hoddie »

Tank cover and infills are wrapped ;) pics soon
Last edited by Big Hoddie on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Big Hoddie

Post by Big Hoddie »

Also, swapping the micron can for a tyga maggot, as the micron pipes allow for a bolt on or slip on
Bikebunker
My Bike: zxr400

Post by Bikebunker »

i have a tyga maggot for sale used but only for a month if your interested ? you spoke to me about the brembo brake conversion before?
Big Hoddie

Post by Big Hoddie »

Sweet, sent a message
Big Hoddie

Post by Big Hoddie »

Update; will be having bikebunkers tyga maggot and 916 front brembos. A friend of mine is gonna try and make a tank panel out of proper carbon fibre.

Next step, buying an 07 r1 rear master cylinder. Its gonna get resprayed satin back with the brembo writing and logo in red, and will be fitting that along with a k6 front master cylinder (radial). After that, getting rid of the torsion bar and fitting a rear 748 brembo caliper on top of the disc. HEL brake lines, brendix mf pads and pazzo levers will be on by the summer. Once the brakes are sorted, the engine will recieve my attention. Pictures as they're all fitted :)
Bikebunker
My Bike: zxr400

Post by Bikebunker »

just so you know i can change do your forks for you for £80 + any delivery fee's and set them to your weight?

any work you need help with just give me a pm should be able to help :) oldman
Big Hoddie

Post by Big Hoddie »

Ill let you know :) thanks mate
Wabby
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400

Post by Wabby »

Still likes like when she left me, minus the hoover tubes and micron.

Am I missing something? lol
Big Hoddie

Post by Big Hoddie »

Shell be black soaon with brembo brakes, tyga can, swingarm will be missing that ugly bar and everything will be be as new. Watch this space mate ;) oh, and I got rid of your chicken strips in a week ;)
Wabby
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400

Post by Wabby »

Big Hoddie wrote:Shell be black soaon with brembo brakes, tyga can, swingarm will be missing that ugly bar and everything will be be as new. Watch this space mate ;) oh, and I got rid of your chicken strips in a week ;)
LMAO.

1. Chicken strips never existed on the bike when I sold it. Other than 1cm on the front that I didn't care to push off on the road.
2. You have put non-sticky tyres on the bike now (as in that picture) and have bigger fanny bands than you do scrubbed tyre! :excited :excited

She still looks nice though - But I do prefer the looks and speed of my 7r ;)