My ZXR

Here's a chance to show off your zxr400, so get them digital cameras out and show us some piccies.Rebuilding your bike or modding it then let everyone in on it.

Moderator: Moderators

monstermotogp
My Bike: zx7r

Re: My ZXR

Post by monstermotogp »

there are drain plugs on the bottom of each carb.
CaNsA
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZX6R F1

Post by CaNsA »

There are drain screws on the the bottom of each carb.
you will need a 3mm or 4mm allen key.
Moderator & Skilled Ban Hammer Operator!
Has this forum helped you out? Say thanks by donating some of your hard earned cash towards running costs.

:: <=-LOADED TELLY BOXES - NO CONTRACT - NO SUBSCRIPTION - PM ME-=> ::
nisi1991
My Bike: ZXR 400

Post by nisi1991 »

Having some trouble getting the carbs of he bike. Does anyone have a write up of how to do it.

Taken the throttle cable of the side. What is actually holding them to the bike

David
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Post by banner001 »

4 screws are holding clamps that anchor the carbs to the bike, they are at the front of the carbs near to the rocker cover...you have looked in the manual about this right?
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
MrLuke
My Bike: ZXR400 L3

Post by MrLuke »

Mine needed a positive pull to get them off
CaNsA
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZX6R F1

Post by CaNsA »

You dont need to pull the carbs off to drain them.
Moderator & Skilled Ban Hammer Operator!
Has this forum helped you out? Say thanks by donating some of your hard earned cash towards running costs.

:: <=-LOADED TELLY BOXES - NO CONTRACT - NO SUBSCRIPTION - PM ME-=> ::
monstermotogp

Post by monstermotogp »

unless your rubbers are knachered then no! but it they are old and hard they may need a pull but no you dont need to take them off but its always good see if a slide is sticking or anything!
i assume he knows what i mean since he has already rejetted the carbs???? banghead
nisi1991

Post by nisi1991 »

haha yeah i know what you mean, just didnt have a lot of time earlier, really busy with university for the next week so think the bike will take a back step for a while, and only do bits when i can

david
monstermotogp

Post by monstermotogp »

Well summer is soon approaching is the bike even moted or taxed? And what licence do you have since I assume you were born in 1991? So is the bike restricted for 22 year old under new regulations I onto know because my son has just done his module 1 and he's 19.
nisi1991

Post by nisi1991 »

taxed till july no MOT, no license bought a bike and sort of running with it, if i can get it fixed and a job ill do the tests if not ill sell the bike, bit of a personal achievement taking the bike and fixing it etc, then see where it takes me really

david
monstermotogp

Post by monstermotogp »

Do you have every much bike experience then I.e. risen any... worked on any?can't work out what caused you to by a project and leave it without passed experience?
John
nisi1991

Post by nisi1991 »

well i was supposed to get my tests done before christmas when i bought the bike but my car broke down so the money on tests had to go on that, then got my student loan the last week and the car broke down so had to buy a new one basically. it was a project with a friend who has worked and had many projects but as university was coming to the end the bike took a back step to assignments, dissertations and exams.

now its me trying to get it sorted, and the help you guys have given me

david
monstermotogp

Post by monstermotogp »

no updates???? sorry im only interested in this thread more than the other because it was the newest post and the first one i looked at so i have sort of started to follow it... by the way your bike model is l2 not l4... 1992 colour scheme.
monstermotogp

Post by monstermotogp »

Any progress on the build or repair since you were in a pickle not too long ago?
John
ross46
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: zxr 400 l6

Post by ross46 »

@ monstermotogp, I was one of the lucky ones with my test, passed October 2012, so restricted to 33bhp for 2 years, come 28/10/2014 I just send my licence off and I can have any bike.
New regulations;
16- <50cc moped not exceeding 50km/h (30mph) with L plates
17- <125cc motorcycle not exceeding certain power (14bhp?) with L plates but I think you can do an A1 licence
19- can do your A2 license, no L plates, but restricted to 47bhp, and you can't restrict a bike with more than double the restriction (94bhp) so 600s are no good, and there's a power to weight ratio
21- take another test to be able to get any bike, no restrictions, no L plates

I think the new rules are better from a safety perspective, but as you now have to do more tests it comes across as money grabbing by the dsa