picking up a "trackday" project bike tomorrow...

Here's a chance to show off your zxr400, so get them digital cameras out and show us some piccies.Rebuilding your bike or modding it then let everyone in on it.

Moderator: Moderators

banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Re: picking up a "trackday" project bike tomorrow...

Post by banner001 »

kawazonkey wrote:Looks good, amazed how much weight you've shaved off. Have you locwired the sump plug? Scrutineers will not let you play unless you do that!

dont need to lockwire anything for a trackday, thats why its got fairly standard fairings on as well - i.e. no oil catch pan as of yet...

i dont think its lost a ton of weight, and its still running the stock exhaust (all 4.5kg of it), stock wheels, tank etc...but its coming on, i would like to think its 10kg lighter than when it started...but ill have to get some bathroom scales and measure it properly.

i keep looking at the dymag rear wheel on ebay and drooling...but i dont have £200.
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
kawazonkey
My Bike: Kawasaki zxr400

Post by kawazonkey »

A Dymag for £200? Wow. Glad the locwire thing isn't needed, thought you might enter a race event!
ross46
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: zxr 400 l6

Post by ross46 »

I know the answer is rules, but why isn't any lockwiring required for a trackday? The same problems can still arise, sump plug coming off and oil leaking out and it will still cause the same dangers. Id be even more worried at a trackday, people who race, their bikes are going to be in top condition, any mug could turn up to a trackday
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

ross46 wrote:I know the answer is rules, but why isn't any lockwiring required for a trackday? The same problems can still arise, sump plug coming off and oil leaking out and it will still cause the same dangers. Id be even more worried at a trackday, people who race, their bikes are going to be in top condition, any mug could turn up to a trackday

Ain't that the truth shocking
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Post by banner001 »

bike is about finished for tomorrow, the second-hand dynojet kit is here, but ive not had any time to open it, let alone fit it.

the engine runs fine, but it definitely needs more fuel mid to high rpm, ill try to tweak it tomorrow at the track...which is the whole point of the day, to tweak it towards something better than it currently is. got all the plastics sanded, prepped and on. ive fitted vaugh'n front plastics and his single seat unit (seen a few crash's hasnt it :D), single seat needs some work, and ill make a custom undertray when funds get here...but it fits and does its job, so thats the main thing :D

roll on tomorrow...

UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
ross46
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: zxr 400 l6

Post by ross46 »

Glad you got it in time banner, had enough trouble with it