My H2 ZXR400 Track/Road Bike

Here's a chance to show off your zxr400, so get them digital cameras out and show us some piccies.Rebuilding your bike or modding it then let everyone in on it.

Moderator: Moderators

tomrowley20287
My Bike: zxr400 h1

My H2 ZXR400 Track/Road Bike

Post by tomrowley20287 »

Hi guys,

I joined the site about a month ago after buying a ZXR400 'track' bike. It had the original fairings fitted, with no lights, it had the wiring loom chopped up, was restricted do to pink wire being chopped out of clocks and it would rev higher than 4.5k.

It wasn't actually in too bad condition after that.

I started off by stripping the carbs out and giving them a thorough clean. This solved the revving issue, the fuel system wasn't switching from the pilot jet to the main jet, hence stalling above 4.5k RPM.

The wiring loom had a good going over, and all that needed doing was a 100k Ohm resistor wired from the pink wire direct to earth (the negative terminal on the battery.) I also wired in a horn to the switchgear and gave the battery a good charge.

I sold the original fairings and ordered some new look AMS Motorsport.co.uk fairings in green gel coat and fitted a rear shock from a GSXR1000 K7 and an L model subframe. I also fitted a GPT D300 digital race dash.

The bike is rough looking, but it's good enough and over the winter season I will strip it down again, paint, powder coat and get everything as I want it to be... but for now it's good enough to enjoy the last of the summer and get some miles in.

It has a daylight MOT so I can get a few good rides in on the road and also do a few track days each season.

Pretty much all I intend to do in the next 2 months other than ride it stick a race number on the front!

If you want to fit AMS-Motorsport.co.uk new look race fairing to an H model you can. It's a pain to fit, requires an L model subframe and the clock mount is different. The ram air tube wont fit with the H clock mount and you'll probably get covered in fibreglass rash. Itchy.

Any way...
Here she is;
tomrowley20287
My Bike: zxr400 h1

Re: My H2 ZXR400 Track/Road Bike

Post by tomrowley20287 »

I don't know why but on my computer the pictures don't show properly.

If some one can tell me how to fix it I will...
copeyhagen
My Bike: zxr 400

Post by copeyhagen »

they look good, did you make the reg plate bracket yourself?

they need to supply a headlight unit with them.. would be class.

black painted frame would make a huge difference, blend in the black subframe covers better.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

tomrowley20287 wrote:I don't know why but on my computer the pictures don't show properly.

If some one can tell me how to fix it I will...
:pmsl

Same on mine, although I dont think its broke.

Just my opinion here, but im not a fan at all, its unfinished i suppose, but ive never been a fan of attaching different back ends on a ZXR, or any bike for that matter. Nothing else 'fits'.

Only decent job ive ever seen was RMKD's honda RS250 rear end on one of thier bikes.