Alex's ZXR400

Here's a chance to show off your zxr400, so get them digital cameras out and show us some piccies.Rebuilding your bike or modding it then let everyone in on it.

Moderator: Moderators

Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

Re: Alex's ZXR400

Post by Mori Man »

That's been bit of an undertaking, making progress though.
Never knew the H1's had the rad' filler under the tank - makes it a bit difficult to burp the system after a fresh fill.

I've an idea of fitting an H1 rad' on one of my builds so this has given me an idea of locating it outside of the frame :smt017
Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly
kawazonkey
My Bike: Kawasaki zxr400

Post by kawazonkey »

Progress is too damn slow, still getting to much car related work to really crack on. Got an MGB coming in on Friday...and still doing the damn Beetle. But work is work!
kawazonkey

Post by kawazonkey »

The bike has the garage to herself at the moment so I've got going again. Got the subframe off, started taking the headlights/clocks off but found a very stubborn bolt...left it to soak in WD. Next I'll get the exhaust and wheels off and have a go at the forks and swingarm.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kawazonkey

Post by kawazonkey »

I've been doing bits and bobs where and when I can. She's all stripped down now, the engine has been cleaned and parts painted, all new hoses etc. Frame likewise and resprayed in Ford arctic silver, looks amazing! Loads of other bits have been refurbished, next job is the tank and body panels...oh and the wheels. The forks are going to a mate to refit new seals...then they will be painted too. Hoping to have her on the road in 6 weeks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kawazonkey

Post by kawazonkey »

more pics
kawazonkey

Post by kawazonkey »

2 more!
GibboN
My Bike: ZXR400 M4 ('94)

Post by GibboN »

Huge job. Wouldn't have the brass for that by a long shot.
Keep the pics coming!
kawazonkey

Post by kawazonkey »

More bits done, the subframe is 90% done, and I've started on the swingarm. The Alfa sticker is probably where the bike was originally bought, Japan somewhere (doh). Tried peeling it off but no joy. Shame as I would have liked to keep it.
kawazonkey

Post by kawazonkey »

The subrame is now on, with the pillion footrests and exhaust hanger.

Swing arm is finally done...it's drying after many coats of lacquer so no pic yet.

Having a think about the exhaust...keep it standard or a twin exit like a Ducati 916, or side by side zorsts using the original hanger.
kawazonkey

Post by kawazonkey »

Been a while since I've had a chance to post anything...lots of work and not enough time! She's on her own two feet now...frame forks rear shock wheels etc all renewed and on. Putting the loom back on was a headache and after filling with fresh oil, I tried a quick start to pump some oil around...had a positive wire on the negative earth and fried something...twat. So a mate has been coming over (auto electrician) and he says he can sort it. Phew. Doing the bodywork when I get a chance, tank is almost done as are both side panels. Just so nice to see her looking like a bike and not a collection of bits!
kawazonkey

Post by kawazonkey »

More...