Winter project

Here's a chance to show off your zxr400, so get them digital cameras out and show us some piccies.Rebuilding your bike or modding it then let everyone in on it.

Moderator: Moderators

rmkd177

Re: Winter project

Post by rmkd177 »

ross46 wrote: you could lay a straight bit of wood and it would have almost no gaps,

What a plank ? :pmsl
Thank god the editor of PB doesnt have your dated,obsolete taste in style, as they have just approached me yet again about another article on my latest bike build. Ichiro Yoda also sent a nice email with some flattering comments.
When you have finished designing your rear brake disc you may want to create a more marketable or unique style in bodywork to make your own bikes more individual ? Anyway let me just read through this 'epic' post on 'brake bodging' so i can learn a 'trick' or two on safe bike maintainance.
R.Middleton
ross46
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: zxr 400 l6

Post by ross46 »

We have a new cargo shocking :pmsl not quite brake bodging, just greasing the pistons but designed for new riders, not for experienced riders/ mechanics such as yourself, and the plank would allow the angle to be easily calculated
wilko
My Bike: zxr400 L1 & R1 4c8

Post by wilko »

Everyone has the own tastes but i think Rmkd build some of the best looking and best set up bikes they speak for them selfs. But you can't please everyone there's always haters
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386533093.158771.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy toad, what a ride!
ross46
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: zxr 400 l6

Post by ross46 »

Not a hater, just not my taste, and not exactly outdated when most if not all motogp, wsb and 1000cc superbikes don't have the upward angled seat unit
daftylad
My Bike: ZXR 400H & ZXR 400L

Post by daftylad »

When on a rear paddock stand, this angle of the seat unit looks very similar to that of the RMKD bike.
Fooled by the perspective?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400L9 2001

Post by KwakKwak »

daftylad wrote:When on a rear paddock stand, this angle of the seat unit looks very similar to that of the RMKD bike.
Fooled by the perspective?
Is this yours? Looks fookin great, since you are all arguing about angles :pmsl I personally love the can and tail unit sitting parallel.

The great ZXR angle and aesthetics debate, whatever next, and why has no one asked "if my bum looks big in this???"
Does the low seat height reflect the low intelligence? Easier to get an asshole onto.
matthew
My Bike: zxr400

Post by matthew »

ross46 wrote:Not a hater, just not my taste, and not exactly outdated when most if not all motogp, wsb and 1000cc superbikes don't have the upward angled seat unit
I think your plank of wood might slide off here! KTM RC8R :excited :pmsl
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Post by banner001 »

it must have been the perspective, it looked like the god awful streetfighter tails like this

or one of the high seat angle ones like this

also rodger, the university i work at has a first rate engineering department, and has just agreed a £100m building in collaboration with jaguar land-rover...if i want some custom brake disks making...i think i can get some made?
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/wmg/m ... s/?tag=JLR
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
rmkd177

Post by rmkd177 »

If i were you banner...i would spend a a little time and money on jizer and clean that embarrassingly 'god awful' engine of yours and maybe get the recently released ' a novices guide to clutch adjustment' :pmsl
R.Middleton
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Post by banner001 »

rmkd177 wrote:' a novices guide to clutch adjustment'
:smt017 - unless your talking about needing to shorten the length of visible cable on the clutch side of the wire? which does need doing, but having less cryptic messages would be better...

the bike cost £250...i wasnt expecting a lot, yes it needs a clean, but what with 4 bikes on the go, 70 hours a week at work, and having to donate stem cells last week to a lady with leukemia ive been a little pre-occupied...

also, lets stop hijacking this guys build thread maybe?
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003