ZXR400M1 rebuild - finally !

Here's a chance to show off your zxr400, so get them digital cameras out and show us some piccies.Rebuilding your bike or modding it then let everyone in on it.

Moderator: Moderators

Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

Re: ZXR400M1 rebuild - finally !

Post by Mori Man »

What I can say - it's no where near as comfy as the H/J shocking

I get up to about 50kms and my butt starts complaining - just ordered up a gel seat cover for it - hopefully that will cure it.

Just now I will mostly use it but have started picking away at smaller things - new cups ordered for the seat cowl fixings and I fitted up new pad pins ( in brake section ).

Found the new rear sprocket so that's going to go on sooner rather than later so will swap out the rear sprocket nuts to stainless at same time.

Rear braided line and some new front ones are on the cards and I have new grips in my spares box to go on - just found my grip glue :smt001

But nothing that can't wait until warmer weather :smt002
Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister

Post by Mori Man »

We need to carry the paperwork for the bike hence document holders in bike seats and extra compartments in tool trays.

So the M1 was missing it's tray completely so I treated it to a new one with new self tappers and a tool strap ( already had the tool kit in the store ) , now the paperwork is where it should be :smt001

New cups for the seat cowl fitted up to and I got the rear sprocket done with stainless nuts. No photo of that just now as was messing about with different end cans today , I feel another rolling road session coming on :smt005
IMG_4387.JPG
I'm running with this PSK ( Power Sport Kawasaki ) Carbon can , it's cleaned up the bottom end ( Ah, I've been messing with needles too :smt005 ) and feels like it has added some torque , hope the rolling road agrees with my butt dyno :smt002
IMG_4390.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ross46
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: zxr 400 l6

Post by ross46 »

So thats why the tool tray is so pathetic! I'm getting some plastic and making my own box in the back so it can hold larger things
Gemini
cloning technology
cloning technology
My Bike: CBR1000RR4 Fireblade

Post by Gemini »

Is the pink pushbike your next project?

Gem
There's No Explanation For The Way I'm About To Behave!!!
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister

Post by Mori Man »

Gemini wrote:Is the pink pushbike your next project?

Gem
Yeah, that's my RB50 GAG :smt003

You've been warned shocking
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister

Post by Mori Man »

Didn't take long to replace the rear sprocket , off with the seat unit and a couple of ratchet strap hooks through the lugs the seat pad sits into and the straps over the beam of the bike shed , tighten it up until the back wheel has just lost grip on the surface and unbolt . Fitting the rear wheel back in was a doddle as axle was perfectly aligned :smt001 Stainless nuts also got thread locked on.
IMG_4401.JPG
Not finding the riding position comfy at all :smt010 So Gel sheet seat cover fitted , now me bum feels better :smt007 Also absorbs some of the road chatter too :smt003
IMG_4402.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister

Post by Mori Man »

After a 150km ride and coming off the bike walking like a cowboy then spending the next five days in pain I decided the bike was for sale :smt010

I don't get this kind of riding pain from the other bikes so all that would happen is it would sit unused and I didn't build it for a 20km trip round the mountain a couple of times a year :smt009

So I put it up for sale and last night it sold confuddled

Gutted I've had to sell it but delighted the new owner is getting it with less than 500kms done since I built it , I think it's actually less than 300 !!

I'm, going to do a few more wee jobs on it - stick coils and steering damper back on and they will get a few wee extra's thrown into the deal too :smt001

They are of course :excited :excited :excited and likely never slept last night and kept looking at it's pictures :gamer

So two J's it is for the pack rather than one of each , can almost live with that winks

So the next M I build will also be for sale , again it will be a full SP so another thread likely end of summer about that.

MM!
swadger25

Post by swadger25 »

Wats the differences that make it a m ??
Plonk
My Bike: GSXR 750 K3

Post by Plonk »

I wish I had spares that I could use to build up my bike! Everything needs stripping, priming, then painting! Tedious but worth it, although takes sooooo much longer! Hoping my H2 looks as good as yours mate.
Rides better in my head than on the roads...
Fettled GSXR 750 in stealth black.
Cagiva Mito Mk II
Cagiva Mito Mk II Eddie Lawson Rep
ZXR400 H1 Restoration project