First Kawasaki - ZXR Ls

Here's a chance to show off your zxr400, so get them digital cameras out and show us some piccies.Rebuilding your bike or modding it then let everyone in on it.

Moderator: Moderators

Billing
My Bike: Yamaha R1

First Kawasaki - ZXR Ls

Post by Billing »

When I took my RVF for MOT late last year I saw one of the bikes on a ramp (my 400 senses were tingling!) After speaking to the garage owner about it he showed me the other bike. Long story short last Friday he turned up at mine with a Luton van filled with bits.

The road bike.

The race bike.

There's an absolute tonne of spares, 2 frames, 3 sets of wheels, 4 engines with more to come, bodywork, electrics, another Ram air box etc
Billing

Re: First Kawasaki - ZXR Ls

Post by Billing »

Due to work commitments eating my time and the RVF taking care of the financial side of things I haven't really done anything with the ZXRs lately. But after selling some bits I decided to buy some of the missing bits for the 3rd bike.

Got a shock (£15) tank (£20) front cover with airtubes (£12) subframe (£15) and a set of carbs in GWO (£40) to get me started. I need to search through all of my boxes and get an idea of which bolts I have or need, at which point I'll start ordering what I need. First on my list is get the shock in and the front end as I know I have the bits for that. Pictures when I get a chance
Plonk
My Bike: GSXR 750 K3

Post by Plonk »

Nice haul of parts! Are you going to do a bolt up restoration, or just clean and off we go?!
Rides better in my head than on the roads...
Fettled GSXR 750 in stealth black.
Cagiva Mito Mk II
Cagiva Mito Mk II Eddie Lawson Rep
ZXR400 H1 Restoration project
Billing

Post by Billing »

I'm pretty much going to clean up the road bike and get it gone to free up some funds for my RVF tbh in the meantime the black frame pictured will get built up into a wet race bike, but ultimately will probably look at getting it dold afterwards and see what happens after that :)

I hate to tell you guys this but this is my main little baby, it's had loads done.

Plonk

Post by Plonk »

NICE!
Cagiva Mito Mk II
Billing

Post by Billing »

Cheers :) it's not finished yet, got carbon panels waiting, the front Dymag with PFM's. Also running a full JHA twinstack system and HRC cdi amongst other things.

Ok, so a day later than planned. Obviously somebody else wasnt careful storing parts, I have 3 front axle and spacer sets but no rears. I put the front end together, minus bars. Decided to go with the GSXR1000 6 pots, purely because they were the most complete set in the box, and they'll be regularly cleaned they ought to remain seizure free.

Billing

Post by Billing »

Had a few packets arrive today, top shock mount, rear caliper bracket and rear axle so providing I can get the bottom shock bolt found the rear end will be ready to bolt together tomorrow :)
Billing

Post by Billing »

Not found a bottom shock mounting nut and bolt yet, but have gotten the bike into a rolling state! Will grab pics tomorrow, hopefully soon going to start fitting things like the subframe and loom to get it looking bike shaped :)
Billing

Post by Billing »

Picture time.

Billing

Post by Billing »

She's a roller!

Plonk

Post by Plonk »

Looking good, makes me think I should of stuck with the black frame...!
Cagiva Mito Mk II