il start... my zxr!

Here's a chance to show off your zxr400, so get them digital cameras out and show us some piccies.Rebuilding your bike or modding it then let everyone in on it.

Moderator: Moderators

RstredS

il start... my zxr!

Post by RstredS »

im just copying from the general sectio to fill this section up a bit!

got a zxr today at last.. found it on 400 greybike.

its 91/92 (not sure yet)
l1 with 17,000 miles.
loadsa new stuff like shock, tyres, chain 'n' sprocket and braided lines.
it needs a bit of tidying up cos its got a few cracks, but hasnt been droped, and also hasnt got a chain guard (fook knows why he took it off)
but it was only £1100

anyway... parts are being ordered now so il keep updated with piccys and mods etc etc...

pics...

ok im bored.... so im making a list, also got a few more things while its off the road.

mods -
carbon fibre;
tank pad -- home made
filler cap -- yet to buy
and yoke -- home made but brought another off ebay
double bubble in black -- ordered today, fifty quid lol
mudguard -- decided against carbon, so i rapaired mine and gotta respray a little bit
race can/maybe full syst -- brought carbon scorpion off ebay for 75 quid, bargain ay?
calipers -- brought renes 750 calipers, powdercoating front and rear in GOLD.
fork seals need doing -- brought a mint set of forks for 60 quid haha!
stickers -- got replica ones in black instead of silver, gonna touch up fairings first
rear-- tail tidy, new plate (smaller) and set of indies purchased.... 20 quid for 4 on egay!

all i need to do now is fit all the parts, take the piccys and get the forks done!

pics asap people, dont worry
RstredS

Post by RstredS »

carbon scorpian exhaust, bargain for £75, its mint as well.-

havent got a full pic yet but you can see teh rim tape from there.
indies-

also got teh black db on now, no pics yet, another no. plate as well.

got a carbon fibre yoke cover, tank pad and filler cap cover, as well as blue bolts to go in it. head gasket is being done next week, and also im powder coating the calipers GOLD, tahts 750 front calipers as well. Should look wicked.

update soon.
RstredS

Post by RstredS »

UPDATE--

calipers have been done in gold now, plus got new seals coming ( hopefuly tmoz, im goin moto gp on this pile of parts lol) I polished the writing, which looks realy cool. Only cost me 20 quid as well. But the seals are 55 quid. :nope:

black db on, with blue trim which i know is going to cause some comments, up to you, i like it :P
Cant miss teh blue bolts as well, got em fro free, plus i got the tank ones, which is poliched and with a carbon centre.

almost finished stubying the can, just got a few more rivits to do, it used to be welded, but now its just held together with rivits, i hope it wont do a MAtt on me lol :clap:

Got the engine back in and almost running, just a few more things like rad.
thats it for now. :thumbsup: