Winter Project Wanted!

Here's a chance to show off your zxr400, so get them digital cameras out and show us some piccies.Rebuilding your bike or modding it then let everyone in on it.

Moderator: Moderators

Danladi-

Winter Project Wanted!

Post by Danladi- »

Hey guys, a mate and I are interested in fixing up a bike over the winter. Between us we have a pretty huge amount of tools available for pretty much anything so the sky is the limit! We're looking to do a complete strip down, powder coat frames, full respray on fairings, engine overhaul etc. It's our first project other than minor things on our own bikes. I'm basically posting here to see what you guys would recommend. I'm quite into spraying and have my own spraying kit etc so maybe something with some fairings to have a play with ;) We'll be goin on the cheap, doing most of the work ourselves (bearing in mind we're only 19 and 20 so we're not exactly highly paid members of society :P ). So what bikes have people worked on before? And where does one go about getting a bike that needs some TLC? Maybe someone on here has a project bike they wanna get rid of? If you guys could share your thoughts on it it'd be great :)
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Re: Winter Project Wanted!

Post by RedexRobB »

Only ever done my own ZXR400

More or less waiting for paint now :)

As for a reccomendation the world is your oyster! Id go for something that still parts are available, for instance a H model ZXR, i believe they are starting to wind down on. But a ZXR400 meets all your criteria surely? ;) Theres also enough knowledge on this forum alone to get you unstuck.
Danladi-

Post by Danladi- »

yeah this true. if it were all up to me i'd have another zxr ;) but yeah my mate's a bit of a naked bike fanboy so... perhaps something in between... something like the honda vf400f kind of idea..probably wouldn't want to spend more than £300 on the bike before we do anything on it. meh I'll have a chat with him later and see what he reckons
Danladi-

Post by Danladi- »

maybe even a shocking 125, fix it all up nice and shiny and sell it off to some kids with rich parents ;)
deviant
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 L3

Post by deviant »

Danladi- wrote:if it were all up to me i'd have another zxr ;) but yeah my mate's a bit of a naked bike fanboy so... perhaps something in between...
fighter a ZXR?
In the garage:
Kawasaki ZXR400 L3 - shiny
Suzuki DR800 - bouncy
1978 Suzuki GS400 - PROJECT RETRO RACER!
Kawasaki GPz500S - for sale soon
Honda CG125 BR-J - in bits

Post by Guest »

Yeah one thing i was thinking of was a H-model fighter