my bargain

Here's a chance to show off your zxr400, so get them digital cameras out and show us some piccies.Rebuilding your bike or modding it then let everyone in on it.

Moderator: Moderators

Dolts
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Re: my bargain

Post by Dolts »

Will have to check all the bearings thouroughly, as its been sat in all weathers for god knows how long. need to check what CDI ive got, dont think its uk one as the bike came with he derestriction box
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

Post by Mori Man »

I thought the M-Max box was just a speed de-restricter and not a rev'.

On my ZRX400 it is, and the bike still hits a rev limiter about 1,500 RPM into the redline

When i had the clocks disconnected the bike would go above the 180KMH restriction no prob's

:smt017
Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly
Dolts

Post by Dolts »

It may well be, i never had this bike running so i dont know what it does lol. Just looked at my CDI, its yellow with a 'V' on it, no. 21119-1394
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister

Post by Mori Man »

"L" model CDI , now superseded by 21119-1354 (ZX400-L4)
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

yeah the M-max box fools the CDI into thinking its the clocks, and that 110kmh never happens. So yes, its just a speed derestrictor.

Yellow sticker CDI is a jap one, which is of course restricted, swap that for a blue stickered UK one and you can forget about using the M-max box. As i said earlier i think its also gives an additional increase in the rev limit over the Jap CDI and is a better ignition curve too, iirc. Zimm can confirm that all for you tho.
Dolts

Post by Dolts »

masterofinsanity wrote:got one on ebay mate click me
Did it sell? if not can you hold it for me, im just waiting on a sale on ebay
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

yes mate it sold and gone.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Post by zimm »

RedexRobB wrote:yeah the M-max box fools the CDI into thinking its the clocks, and that 110kmh never happens. So yes, its just a speed derestrictor.

Yellow sticker CDI is a jap one, which is of course restricted, swap that for a blue stickered UK one and you can forget about using the M-max box. As i said earlier i think its also gives an additional increase in the rev limit over the Jap CDI and is a better ignition curve too, iirc. Zimm can confirm that all for you tho.

um yeh .. + 1 lol ..

:smt017 how'd i miss this thread ? lol

1394 is what was on my L4 import.. restricted to 180kph, rev limit 14,500rpm.

I'll have a 1332 uk box for sale next week once i make a permanent switch to the programmable box so PM me after the weekend to remind me. Would consider a PX on your restricted box as im gonna have a crack at getting the buggers re-mapped :)
Dolts

Post by Dolts »

Ive just sourced another bargain, a UK blue sticker CDI, and regulator for £1 each on ebay! now i just need a loom, tank, engine ...................
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

i've got a tank if you need one?
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
Dolts

Post by Dolts »

cool, how much do you want for it?
Dolts

Post by Dolts »

Wow, its been ages! I am in the middle of selling my RS250 project to fund this one so i thought id take a couple of pics of how it sits now...... loads to do! if you have any good, unwanted bits then send them my way - lets resurrect another ZXR!
wes
My Bike: ZXR 400

Post by wes »

Did you source another engine then?
Does it run now?
Dolts

Post by Dolts »

yeah, got a motor for £150, doesnt run yet as the loom is being prepped by lucky77 on here, and i dont have an exhaust yet, and carbs need a rebuild as they have been sat, and i need a clutch spring plate, and hoses, and a rad, the list goes on and on!
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister

Post by Mori Man »

Dolts wrote:yeah, got a motor for £150, doesnt run yet as the loom is being prepped by lucky77 on here, and i dont have an exhaust yet, and carbs need a rebuild as they have been sat, and i need a clutch spring plate, and hoses, and a rad, the list goes on and on!
Good price on the engine for a non-runner. I'm in the middle of establishing a sea cargo rate for sending my H2 motor over (currently in the bike) and sell as a serviced working engine, shipper should have the rate for me tomorrow :smt001

Got a few exhausts here still, BEET Ti , Over Racing and DID racing

Got a squint rad' you can have for postage - doesn't leak and is just kicking about gathering dust.

Should have a spare clutch spring plate (front) as I had a clutch throw a wobbly on me and the inner hub is fooked.

Got a SP rear subframe with seat unit too , SP electrics + CDI and rotor + race CDI , race loom , carbon front muddy , SP rearsets (OEM) , BEET rearsets , Rear sprockets , SP forks......

Do have SP cam's but might use them myself in the H2 motor but do have ZX4 F3 cam's for sale might also have an oil cooler kicking about but will be sending the hoses away to have braided ones made up when I find it.

Anything interest's you give me a hauler.

MM! :smt001