my bargain

Here's a chance to show off your zxr400, so get them digital cameras out and show us some piccies.Rebuilding your bike or modding it then let everyone in on it.

Moderator: Moderators

Dolts
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Re: my bargain

Post by Dolts »

what is a 'squint' rad?
and i may be interested in the rad, the clutch plate and mudguard how much for them all posted?

Cheers
Gareth
Dolts

Post by Dolts »

Race loom is in, and the engine turns! Will obviously do a compression test on it when i can, or maybe just strip it and do a head gasket, and check it all out while im there.
just to prove it kinda lives...

I need some advise aswell, i have recently got hold of a Domino Q/A throttle that came off a ZXR, the problem i have is that the throttle cable is too short (std zxr item), have i done something wrong? or is it that it has H model carbs? Any difference?

Also where is best to get long HT leads from? as i am planning on running ramair, so coils will be up front.

Many thanks
Gareth
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

Post by Mori Man »

H cables are longer as they go under the frame beam and not through like the L :smt017

I tried SP cables for an L and they were too tight on my H.

I have a box load of coils with extended HT leads on them - the best have Sunfire Earth strapped leads on them :smt004

BTW, squint rad is - bike was in a crash and rad got put out of shpe with out rupturing so it's squint.

Going to be listing a shed load of parts on ebay soon - got to clear my feet and start working on my projects again - they are just sitting on the back burner and it's doin ma tits in :smt012
Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly
Dolts

Post by Dolts »

so the l cables should still fit the h carbs as long as they are through the frame? dont know what is wrong then.
hainesz
My Bike: 1994 zxr 400

Post by hainesz »

jake wrote:they are r1/r6 calipers. really top notch brakes imo.
do you have the brackets there mate? do you want to sell them brackets?! and if not, can you post some pix up and some measurements! would be very gratefull :smt001
there also the exact same brake calipers as the YZF thundercat... but you can pic them up cheaper for the thundercat
[color=#FF0000]...Burn Rubber...Not Your Clutch...[/color]
Dolts

Post by Dolts »

Small update, did the stick coil mod today, picked up some CBR600RR3 coils and sub loom for £50 on ebay, wired it up and used the multiplug so i can disconnect it and will make an adapter so if i need to i can plug the originals back in.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

have you tried it out or is the bike stripped at the mo?
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister

Post by Mori Man »

Tidy work - now get that rocker cover cleaned :smt002

MM! :smt001
Dolts

Post by Dolts »

The bike is still without an exhaust and cooling system at the moment, they are next on the shopping list!
Dolts

Post by Dolts »

More progress, rad fitted with top spec expansion bottle and samco hoses, green fuel lines with quick release coupler, 2nd hand tank, shiny new rearsets fitted. Its getting there now.
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister

Post by Mori Man »

Like the bottle :smt003

The gear change looks like it's needing to go one tooth forward, I was always told you keep the shift rod to selector at 90' for smooth changes - yours just looks a wee bit out but might be angle of piccy.

Still can't decide on my Brembo 1/2" or Nissin 14mm rear master :smt017 I guess crunch time will come when I change the rear brake line.

Lighter nights are already starting here so mod time soon :smt003

MM!

PS. Red Hermitite ! Really !! Do yourself a favour and scrape the fookin lot off and buy some new genuine gaskets :smt018
ZEPP
My Bike: ZXR400 and GSXR 1100

Post by ZEPP »

Looks good :smt001
Dolts

Post by Dolts »

Mori Man wrote:Like the bottle :smt003

The gear change looks like it's needing to go one tooth forward, I was always told you keep the shift rod to selector at 90' for smooth changes - yours just looks a wee bit out but might be angle of piccy.

PS. Red Hermitite ! Really !! Do yourself a favour and scrape the fookin lot off and buy some new genuine gaskets :smt018
Yeah just thrown it on for now, im doing a mock up of the bike first so i dont forget anything, then i will strip it down, and service/refit it all properly. im gonna strip the motor too as i never heard it run si the least i could do is get the head skimmed and replace the gaskets.
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister

Post by Mori Man »

If your still not fixed up for an exhaust I still have a few, also have a few pairs of these laying about
IMG_9304009.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dolts

Post by Dolts »

They look nice what exhausts do you have and prices?