ZXR tails

Here's a chance to show off your zxr400, so get them digital cameras out and show us some piccies.Rebuilding your bike or modding it then let everyone in on it.

Moderator: Moderators

AFM327
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

ZXR tails

Post by AFM327 »

Here's a couple shots of my race bike, one with a TL style tail and one with a 636 style tail. Both were made to bolt to the stock subframe.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by AFM327 on Sun May 03, 2009 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

Re: ZXR tails

Post by Mori Man »

That bottom photo is a stunning shot and i'll soon have that front end on my own one :excited

The dry weight between the 6 and 4 is around 10kg , how you finding them on the track?

ATB, DS :smt001
Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly
AFM327
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by AFM327 »

I found the 600 to be similar but a bit more of a heavy feeling. Never weighed them but I'd guess the 600 was more than 10 Kg heavier. And the photo is of a 400 not a 6, it has a 636 front end and a 636 style tail. The tail came from GPC moto same with the TL style tail. Both are from someplace in Japan. Tim at GPC never would tell me his source. And they both are designed to mount on the stock subframe. Now I have a Moto GP style tail. I'll post a photo later...
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Ive posted GPC motos link before on here. I like th TL style seat alot, it somehow fits the bike well. Very nice indeed!
noelb
My Bike: ZXR4H , H'Berg , BMW R12S

Post by noelb »

What yokes/ triple clamps did you use to fit the ZX6 forks - I've some of the bits gotten for this but would like to avoid machining my lower yoke (its a H model BTW).

I've seen B1H tail pieces on H models - look absolutely class and you can even use the standard seat. Looks factory adn is on the list as soon as I spot a cheap one on t'bay.

Noel B.
AFM327
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by AFM327 »

You can use the stock L triples and slide the tubes right in, or you can you the ZX6r triples, the 03/04 will work without too much trouble. Be careful of rubbing as they have more trail. The 05/06 triple have even more offset and probably shouldn't be used as they will rub things.
Last edited by AFM327 on Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister

Post by Mori Man »

noelb wrote:What yokes/ triple clamps did you use to fit the ZX6 forks - I've some of the bits gotten for this but would like to avoid machining my lower yoke (its a H model BTW).
For the H model you have two options,

Have the existing bottom clamp honed out 1mm and that will allow the ZX636 tubes to slide in. You'll then need to make up spacers for fitting the ZX wheel or reducer sleeves and spacers for fitting the ZXR wheel.

or (what I done)

Get an L bottom yolk and a H bottom yolk and have the pins swapped over, cost me about £60 to have done.

Haven't done the fitting up yet (just about too) and I am using a ZX '05 wheel ,but reckon the standard spacers will need a slight trim either side. i'm going electronic speedo so that's not an issue with me.

Keeping the ZXR4 wheel means you can retain a mechanical drive so you'll need sleeves for the axle pin to make it fit the 636 pinch clamps.
noelb
My Bike: ZXR4H , H'Berg , BMW R12S

Post by noelb »

Cheers lads - Its a race bike so the speedo isn't a concern. I'll look into a set of L model yokes - They seem to come up for sale pretty regularly. I use one ZZR600 front wheel for my wets anyhow so have gotten spacers made before with no worries. It'll be a good opportunity to make them captive this time too........

Noel B.
saka_ZXR
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR 400 L3

Post by saka_ZXR »

Lovin the tail on the bottom one mate.

Would love one of them on my road bike, however a few girls have told me they'll hate me forever if i get one cuz they won't be able to ride on the back :p
If it's broke spray it with WD40, if it's still broke spray it again and leave it over night, if it's still broke, bin it.
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister

Post by Mori Man »

AFM327 wrote: Both are from some place in Japan. Tim at GPC never would tell me his source. And they both are designed to mount on the stock subframe. Now I have a Moto GP style tail. I'll post a photo later...
KDC

I've listed their website else where :smt001
Con180

Post by Con180 »

Anyone know where I can get the tail unit in the bottom photo?
Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

this is an old thread so the orginal poster might not be a visitor to the site anymore

I think the picture your refering to is of a TL seat unit.........................any of the suppliers of race body work should have it.

Some may even supply it with holes for lights etc

ARD is the best IMHO
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

here you go

I dont think they do a TL seat but lots of other loverly stuff on there
Con180

Post by Con180 »

thankyou :)

EDIT: is it the Kawasaki ZX6 up to 1997 F1/F2/F3 Race Seat?
Last edited by Con180 on Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Con180

Post by Con180 »

Quick questions for AFM327.
How did you fit the 6 front end, with out the air intake tubes? as I LOVE the look of your bike, and would like my bike to look very similar! Thanks.