My pair of Kwakas

Here's a chance to show off your zxr400, so get them digital cameras out and show us some piccies.Rebuilding your bike or modding it then let everyone in on it.

Moderator: Moderators

Jester7
My Bike: ZXR400 L9, ZX7R P5

My pair of Kwakas

Post by Jester7 »

My generally clean but slightly fly splatted boys :smt003
I particularly like the last pic.

CaNsA
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZX6R F1

Re: My pair of Kwakas

Post by CaNsA »

Some quality bike whoring going on there mate :pmsl

Defo lovin the zx7, i well want one now lol :D
Moderator & Skilled Ban Hammer Operator!
Has this forum helped you out? Say thanks by donating some of your hard earned cash towards running costs.

:: <=-LOADED TELLY BOXES - NO CONTRACT - NO SUBSCRIPTION - PM ME-=> ::
Jeppo
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by Jeppo »

Same!! They both look awesome buddy, I really want a 7!!!! How do u feel they stack up side by side on the road?? Bearing in mind i've only ridden a couple of 400s and 1 600 about 1 mile down the road lol.
Jester7

Post by Jester7 »

I know! They were both sitting there and I thought time for a few pics!

Hmm how they stack up? Tricky as any comparision will likely turn into a which one does what better, which will be a little unfair to the 400! :smt002
Bearing in mind I'm about 6ft and not particularly skinny, I think the 750 is actually easier to handle as I fit it better than the 400. Much less leg folding required to get feet on pegs from feet on ground etc. Again, I find it easier to climb all over the 750 as I'm less scrunched up.

Traffic-wise (filtering etc) the 400 is for the most part easier being thinner, however the larger bike sits you a little higher and the easier lower down power lets you pass traffic much less frantically. Pro and cons for both I think.

Brakes are about as good on either. Going from braking to turning is quicker on the 400 but more stable on the 750, which also has better stability during the turn. Again, both have their strengths and this is a result of the weight, or lack of it. The 400 is more work but probably more rewarding.

Power obviously the bigger bike wins. This also gives it the win on motorways on both cruising speed vs revs and overtaking grunt, which is driven home by the better wind protection (bigger fairing) and roomier riding position.
Saying that, it's possible to do distance on the 400 but I HIGHLY recommend getting a higher screen if you're anything like 6ft.

Running costs I'd say the 750 is obviously going to cost more but it's probably minimal, for me anyway. The difference in tax isn't going to break the bank and the difference in insurance for me between the two is about £30 (I'm 31 yrs old so insurance is now pretty cheap too). rear tyres etc may cost a bit more on the larger machine but again we're not talking a huge amount of extra cash.

I'd say the 750 is generally a better road bike. If I was going on track I'd take the 400 for the easier access to extremes of cornering (stability not really a major plus here) and easier to explore the limits without sticking it into the run off :smt003
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

they look so good together its a shame you have to sell one i think.
Wabby
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400

Post by Wabby »

1 Word...

Beautiful.

I have decided I definately want a ZX7R next now (November when my 2 years NCB are through)

:D
Jester7

Post by Jester7 »

Cheers guys :smt003

Part of me doesn't want to sell the other bike but I need to be sensible. Not a great deal of interest so far anyway! Perhaps people will try to wait for me to drop the price, which won't happen any timne soon :smt002

Wabby I think the ZX7R is a great progression from the ZXR400, feels very much like a bigger version. A good move up if you've done your time on the 400.