well i decided

Here's a chance to show off your zxr400, so get them digital cameras out and show us some piccies.Rebuilding your bike or modding it then let everyone in on it.

Moderator: Moderators

tng21
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: zxr 400 h1

well i decided

Post by tng21 »

Well today i thought id get my hands dirty and start todowhati need to to get it back and working.

For a total noob to anything mechanical i thought idid quite well.

Ive took apart the genarator casing and changed all that, just waiting on the gasket. All the fairing came off, the rad and oil cooler has been taken off and has been cleaned, washed out of all the clogging. Brackets etc have been painted. Engine gunk has all been cleaned off underneath. Downpipes havebeen taken off for replacement. Also fella across the road is able to cut off the bolt on bit for the can, and weld it to the micron so mystandard and ART can will bolt on. Ignition switch has now been sorted and working.

Tommorow hopefully my gasket will be here and ill sort that out tofinish, then put the rad and everything back togerther to see what happens

arkell
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Re: well i decided

Post by arkell »

is that just hammerite direct to rust your using on those bits? How does it hold up?
tng21
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: zxr 400 h1

Re: well i decided

Post by tng21 »

no, the rust was sanded off with paper or my greaseleess i use for polishing, then painted. Now i think about it though, should of painted em gold