AMS RAM AIR BOX

So they dont get muddled and lost in the directory, please post your tuning questions here.

Moderator: Moderators

Kirky Boy
My Bike: L4 ZXR400 RACER

AMS RAM AIR BOX

Post by Kirky Boy »

Going to fit an AMS ram air box to my track bike. Heard i had to move the coils so it will fit proper. Is there any other things i should know before going ahead?
Cheers!
Ballsout Racing
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: tomos moped

Re: AMS RAM AIR BOX

Post by Ballsout Racing »

You'll have to get the carbs set up, ideally on a Dyno.
Kirky Boy

Post by Kirky Boy »

Cheers! probably be best to use a dynojet kit? heard of racers using the flatside carbs but i think i will stick with my cv carbs. :smt001
extonyg
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: zxr 400 L1 uk

Post by extonyg »

radiator has to be 'modded' or moved down and might want to remove oil cooler as well.....
Kirky Boy

Post by Kirky Boy »

Is the oil cooler not really needed? i take it you just plug the openings on the bottom of the sump?
Ballsout Racing
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Kirky Boy wrote:Cheers! probably be best to use a dynojet kit? heard of racers using the flatside carbs but i think i will stick with my cv carbs. :smt001
No, you need needles and jets that match, I hear dynojet's don't actually always work. I understand that Flatslides can give good gains on a standard engine, but I know they don't give so much on a top well tuned engine. I still use CV's :smt001
Ballsout Racing
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Kirky Boy wrote:Is the oil cooler not really needed? i take it you just plug the openings on the bottom of the sump?
Different opinions on this, my tuners do not recommend taking it off. Over heated oil = engine failiures!
extonyg
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: zxr 400 L1 uk

Post by extonyg »

there is another thread somewhere about removing or not to remove the oil cooler, ....... lots of people have lots of different opinions on this there are several ways........block off holes, someone used a bit of pipe from one hole to the other, and im sure i read somewhere that a zx4 sump fits on and it doesnt have the oil cooler pipe holes, but then other people dont think its such a good idea........so lots of ideas for you to decide.