new end can

So they dont get muddled and lost in the directory, please post your tuning questions here.

Moderator: Moderators

dizzycat

new end can

Post by dizzycat »

Hi everyone - I'm just about to buy new end can, any recommendations?Was thinking about a blue flame but I can't make my mind up!
gt54.jam
My Bike: ZXR 400 L3

Re: new end can

Post by gt54.jam »

BLUE FLAME LOOKS STUNNING BUT THERE'S SO MUCH CHOICE. WAS THINKING OF GETTING A NEW CAN MYSELF DO YOU KNOW OF A REALLY GOOD WEBSITE TO FIND A BARGAIN FOR MY ZXR?
There's nothing quite like the smell of burnt rubber in the morning!
dizzycat

Post by dizzycat »

There are so many websites out there. I went direct to blueflame, but I wouldn't recommend them! They said I would recieve my new end can in 7 days & I am still waiting 26 days later! I wouldn't mind but I need it for the MOT which ran out yesterday. :smt013
Gemini
cloning technology
cloning technology
My Bike: CBR1000RR4 Fireblade

Post by Gemini »

i have always chosen micron

but my 7r came with a yoshimura R&D which is mint

gem
There's No Explanation For The Way I'm About To Behave!!!
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

think you will find the majority would vote for Micron, with scorpion coming a close second, then there's all the other thousand end cans available, carbon can co, yoshi, beet, etc etc
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
rene
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: kwack ZXR750L1

Post by rene »

most are quite good, although i've herd alot of bad things about blue flame (and personaly find alot of there stuff tacky)

if you can afford it akrapovic stuff in the dogs dangles :smt007

pure sex..

ZXR750 L1
tail tidy, polished bits, custom paint job, k&n, dynojet, Full akropovik, down geared, GSXR calipers, hel brake lines front and rear & clutch line, maxtron resprung froks 120BHP

BikePics page-
http://www.bikepics.com/members/zxr400rene/
dizzycat

Post by dizzycat »

It's here at last! :smt003 Fitted it tonight looks & sounds lurrvly. But yet to ride the bike anywhere as it is pouring down outside. (Oh & small detail about no MOT yet).
boldaholic
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by boldaholic »

I have a micron on mine at the min but my mate has just offered me his harris can for free he reckons it sounds better and the pop makes kids cry. Anyone heard one before, i'm excited about getting it but i dont want to be dissapointed if it only growls like a chiwowa with a saw throat and only pops like a peice of 3 week old hubba bubba!
You are only young once but you can be immature forever!!!!!
boldaholic
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by boldaholic »

Has anyone heard or seen a harris can on a zxr before? what was it like? should be getting it on monday!! woooooooo :smt003
You are only young once but you can be immature forever!!!!!
rene
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: kwack ZXR750L1

Post by rene »

never seen a harris can tbh there very rare

Its not the can that gets the bike to pop its the carbs not set up properly and now running rich (norrmaly on over run at high revs, so hard to get right anyway way)

my 750 used to pop and bang loads untill i got it sorted on a dyno now its only dos it from letting off at red line, but f*** me is it loud :D
ZXR750 L1
tail tidy, polished bits, custom paint job, k&n, dynojet, Full akropovik, down geared, GSXR calipers, hel brake lines front and rear & clutch line, maxtron resprung froks 120BHP

BikePics page-
http://www.bikepics.com/members/zxr400rene/