Jets

So they dont get muddled and lost in the directory, please post your tuning questions here.

Moderator: Moderators

benso1982

Re: Jets

Post by benso1982 »

zimm wrote:
benso1982 wrote:hi guys! i'm from Italy! i need the best settings for the dynojet kit stage 1 i have on my zxr400 L1. i also have a k&n air filter and a complete Micron race system exhaust. can you help me? thank you very much! bye!
put it on a dyno
what do you mean? i have a dynojet kit stage 1! i only need the best settings (regulations??? :smt017) for it! can you help me?
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Post by zimm »

every bike is different .. i cant get your air/fuel ratio spot on over the internet ..

i've had 2 bike with dynojet kits and identical exhausts need different jets and needle heights to be "right"

only way to do this is on a dyno

failing that, what do you mean by settings ? needle height ? try starting with the clips at the top (longest needle, weakest setting) and try the bike, if it bogs down, lift them a notch and try again .. keep going till it doesnt.

as for main jets ? what are your options ? what air filter is fitted ? is the airbox modified ? whats the altitude where you normally ride ?
benso1982

Post by benso1982 »

ok! thank you for your answers! i live near the sea and the max altitude is about 500 meters. i have a k&n filter for my model and my airbox is original (not modified). i don't remember the main jets in the kit... :smt009