400/600 Hybrids

So they dont get muddled and lost in the directory, please post your tuning questions here.

Moderator: Moderators

mrdidlydingo

400/600 Hybrids

Post by mrdidlydingo »

Being as I havent eough to do I thought I'd buy the various components neededd to make up the 4/6 hybrid, now Iknow there a company out there which will undertake the alterations to the frame to provide suitable mounts but can anyone tell me who that is etc, I think I found it previously on here but can no longer seem to located the guys details. :smt013

Also if anyone has advice experiences of doing this and the performance of the completed bike it would be most welcome

TTFN
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Re: 400/600 Hybrids

Post by zimm »

ive got one ..

its cool..

its a lot of engineering to get the engine in as all engine mounts need to be replaced ..

and you need a loom ..

and clocks

and exhaust

and a custom airbox

and uprated forks to cope with the extra weight

and .. stuff ..

and its engine out to do a service, or cut large bits off the frame.. at which point it could snap.

oh, and it'd be verging on the "not worth the effort" end of the spectrum if using a stock 600 engine, mine's supposed to be making 115bhp at the rear wheel is geared for 180 and wheelies off the throttle in 2nd.. but the engine would cost over 2 grand if you asked someone to build you one to the same spec.

best 4/6 conversion is an FZR600/thundercat engine in an FZR400-3tj.. it's almost a bolt in job, i think even the 400 loom can be used (although the rev limiter would be a little high).. same power and arguably better handling as the engine position is correct (too far forward with the kwak 4/6) and the frame doesnt need butchering so there's less strength worries.

you could talk to AMS, he's done a few but didnt seem very interested when i asked him about mine. you're welcome to take measurements off my frame if you want..
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Re: 400/600 Hybrids

Post by zimm »