A Few Questions

So they dont get muddled and lost in the directory, please post your tuning questions here.

Moderator: Moderators

SamZX
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR400 L3

A Few Questions

Post by SamZX »

My bikes at my grandads garage at the moment and whilst it's there I want to get as much done to it as possible as I have few tools and no garage at my actual house were the bike will be stored for the rest of it's life. So... firstly, any ideas on some decent mods worth doing?

And... a few specifics. I was thinking about doing the LED / clear tail light conversion. I'm assuming you just buy the (LED with bulb connection) thing which is fairly easy to get hold of, but were do you get the transparent ZXR tail light casing from? for reference this is for an L3 model.

Thanks in advance,
Sam.

(P.s. I havent got a clue what I'm doing lol so If I've said something that dosent make sense it's probably because I don't know what I'm talking about :smt003 )
Jack Of All Trades... Master Of F*ck All
arkell
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Re: A Few Questions

Post by arkell »

So... firstly, any ideas on some decent mods worth doing?
As in cosmetic things? Or are you planning on srvicing it?

I'd get some mini indicators on it, a smaller numberplate, plenty of carbon bits to be had on it too, i could go on and on and on :smt003
but were do you get the transparent ZXR tail light casing from
I've seen them on ebay before but cant find them anywhere else..
arkell
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by arkell »

SamZX
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by SamZX »

Yea I was thinking mostly cosmetic hehe. The bike has more than enough power for me so I've got no need for performance parts. The mini number-plate sounds a good idea but I'm assuming you'd need a tail-tidy type bracket to fit it on? have you fitted one yourself?

Thanks alot for the ebay link mate, that appears to have the LED's intergrated into it, so you just gotta wire it in. Fantastic! biggrin

So far I've got brighter (xenon / iridium / wateva lol) headlight bulbs fitted, green LED neons under the rear tray which glow on the back wheel winks and the switch is placed where the rear seat lock barrel used to be. Anodised bolts and caps obviously :smt007 and err tinted screen and carbon-fiber rear hugger. So anything other than that really I'd like to fit, if theres anything you've done yourself which you think looks the tits, please let me know so I can attempt it geek hehe.

Also, I'm not very fond of the brick-inspired mirrors on the ZXR lol, I fancy some with internal indicators but thats wishful thinking really... But does anyone know of better looking mirrors that transplant well onto the ZXR? especialy any with indicators in.

Thanks alot,
Sam.
arkell
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by arkell »

you could fit a tail tidy to really set off the back, get some small indies on there too

Heres some stuff i have on mine atm :smt003
Carbon Mudguard
Carbon Hugger
Carbon Mirror Covers
Carbon Clock Surround
Carbon Yolk Cover
Carbon Chain Guard
Mini Arrow Indicators
Double Bubble Screen
EBC discs front and rear
HEL brake lines front and rear
Carbon Tank Cover
Carbon fuel cap
Dual Port ART exhaust can

the list can go on on what you can do :) theres a youtube vid with a zxr400 with wing mirror indies so check that out :smt003

Go on lets see a pic of your bike :smt002
lewisdale
CBT slow
CBT slow
My Bike: zxr400 H2

Post by lewisdale »

i think demon tweeks do the rear led light
SamZX
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by SamZX »

Wow thats alot of work lol. I forgot to mention I also have braided hoses, carbon-fiber yoke cover,carbon-fiber aftermarket exhaust (no idea which one lol) and a little Yoshimura brake resevoir cover :smt003 hehe. Yea I may invest in a tail tidy, so I'll be browsing the net later with credit card at the ready :smt001 any particular one you could recomend? Im really looking for some cool mirrors which will fit nicely onto the ZXR with little to no modifications, however... now looking at the apature on the front fairing, it doesn't look like thats gunna be easy lol :smt017 Oh wellz... And unfortunatly I cant post any pictures until I get home later next week as I forgot to bring the USB cable for my phone with me :smt012 lol. But I'll do a new-commers post with plenty of pics sometime next week.

Oh and thanks for the demon tweeks reference lewisdale I'll check that out now.
lewisdale
CBT slow
CBT slow
My Bike: zxr400 H2

Post by lewisdale »

and redex rob has zx9r mirrors on his bike, and im sure i haw someone else with 6r mirrors
86zxr01
My Bike: zxr400

Post by 86zxr01 »

lewisdale wrote:and redex rob has zx9r mirrors on his bike, and im sure i haw someone else with 6r mirrors
Does anyone else only see your own elbows from thier mirrors? I have to move my elbow(s) just to see whats behind. Do you think that 9 or 6r mirrors would stop that?
SamZX
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by SamZX »

Thats just how mirrors are mate, there all like it. Ideally you wana adjust them so that your just able to see a bit of your arms in the inside of the mirrors but obviously not enough to obscure your view. Having said that... On my old 50 I always found myself having to pull my elbows in to see properly lol :smt017 If in doubt, look over your shoulder winks