H & L dynojet kits...

So they dont get muddled and lost in the directory, please post your tuning questions here.

Moderator: Moderators

cdstirland81
My Bike: ZXR400H1 and proud!

H & L dynojet kits...

Post by cdstirland81 »

has anyone got the instructions for the zxr400H1 dynojet kit, or details of what jets and needle specs for standard and aftermarket pipe, etc?
and is the kit identical between H models and L models?

reason being, i'm buying some H1 carbs with a kit installed, and i'll need the info to find out what settings are in them and what spec they are for.

ta in advance,

cliff
ameteurs practice and train unitl they can do it, professionals practice and train until they cannot fail at it..
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Re: H & L dynojet kits...

Post by zimm »

AFAIK the dynojet kit was developed for the uk spec L model only .. (ie 32mm carbs not the 30mm jobs found on some/most(?) imports)

kit includes a selection of jets, different needles and springs and a drill bit to enlarge the hole in the slide

H models also use 32mm carbs, but have different needles and emulsion tubes to match the H model airbox so the dynojet kit causes more flatspots on an H than it cures.

for an H1 i'd stick with the stock needles (marked N77C) and anything from #95 to #102 main jets* (stock is #98) depending on the airfilter and exhaust fitted. If the midrange goes a bit "tight" shim the needles .5mm or so.

*these are keihin jet numbers, dynojet jets flow more, so a #100 dj = #102 keihin (ish). Also, the DJ jets (and some aftermarket keihin types) are a touch longer than stock and require the float heights to be increased accordingly (ie fuel level lowered)

HTH
cdstirland81

Post by cdstirland81 »

zimm wrote:AFAIK the dynojet kit was developed for the uk spec L model only .. (ie 32mm carbs not the 30mm jobs found on some/most(?) imports)

kit includes a selection of jets, different needles and springs and a drill bit to enlarge the hole in the slide

H models also use 32mm carbs, but have different needles and emulsion tubes to match the H model airbox so the dynojet kit causes more flatspots on an H than it cures.

for an H1 i'd stick with the stock needles (marked N77C) and anything from #95 to #102 main jets* (stock is #98) depending on the airfilter and exhaust fitted. If the midrange goes a bit "tight" shim the needles .5mm or so.

*these are keihin jet numbers, dynojet jets flow more, so a #100 dj = #102 keihin (ish). Also, the DJ jets (and some aftermarket keihin types) are a touch longer than stock and require the float heights to be increased accordingly (ie fuel level lowered)

HTH
ameteurs practice and train unitl they can do it, professionals practice and train until they cannot fail at it..
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by zimm »

?
cdstirland81

Post by cdstirland81 »

cdstirland81 wrote:
zimm wrote:AFAIK the dynojet kit was developed for the uk spec L model only .. (ie 32mm carbs not the 30mm jobs found on some/most(?) imports)

HTH
bloody computer! chopped off my reply! :ffs

so, std needles, shimmed if required to help midrange, #96 to #98 DJ jets should be about there for std filter, and blowy std / aftermarket can?
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by zimm »

aye, basically ... keep it stock with minor tweaks to match whatever exhaust you're running ..

built an H1 this week with stock engine, pipercross filter, full micron race system.. stock needles, stock (2.5 turns out) mixture screw settings, #100 (DJ) mains as i didnt have anything between them and some #92's and its great albeit a touch rich at the topend .. will take full throttle from 3k in top, and pulls smoothly through to the limiter with no noticeable dips.

I may get it on a dyno if the new owner is slow to collect it :)
cdstirland81

Post by cdstirland81 »

thanks, at least i got a baseline of sorts to work on...