Questions and answers (but dumb it down)

Moderator: Moderators

beatboxben

Questions and answers (but dumb it down)

Post by beatboxben »

I've just bought a ZXR400 h1. Perfect condition pretty much.

but I need some information please guys and girls :)

What tool kit will I need to put in the back for a just encase moment! (what tools)

I also have a kph clock with a sticker on the plastic. I want a mph clock! Can I just take one from a l model, take it out of the housing and fit it where mine would be? And I am guessing i'd need this little thing to convert the kph to mph signal.?

What else do I needto know? :D

Thanks!
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Re: Questions and answers (but dumb it down)

Post by banner001 »

tools will include (if its the same as the L models) 8mm and 10mm socket/spanner, 3mm and 4mm allen keys. Phillips head screwdriver and slotted screwdriver. That should allow you to tackle most things, but as my bike came with no tool kit im only guessing from when ive stripped things off the bike.

If yours is a H model it might well be restricted, check out the restriction sub-forum for RededRobB's posts on the subject, hello btw, and pics are a must :D
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
beatboxben

Post by beatboxben »

That's great. Bit of weekend shopping for me :D.

You guys are so receptive, love it :D

The guy before me used as more of a project. So it has quite a lot of mods and one thing he toldme was thathe got a UK CDI because of this restrict so :) would this make a difference when changing theseclocks? :)

I have2 phone pictures which I willtry and upload now :). Oh :( file is to big on my phone. When I get a chance I will post somesexy pictures! :D
banner001
Track day God
Track day God

Post by banner001 »

beatboxben wrote:That's great. Bit of weekend shopping for me :D.

You guys are so receptive, love it :D

The guy before me used as more of a project. So it has quite a lot of mods and one thing he toldme was thathe got a UK CDI because of this restrict so :) would this make a difference when changing theseclocks? :)

I have2 phone pictures which I willtry and upload now :). Oh :( file is to big on my phone. When I get a chance I will post somesexy pictures! :D
read robs posts, you will still be restriced, UK CDI or not, as you have kph clocks.

best bet is to take your bike out and see if the restriction is there, if it bothers you, and if you want to do anything about it before you look at tinkering with anything...remember it is very easy to make it worse and very hard to make it better :D
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

banner001 wrote:
read robs posts, you will still be restriced, UK CDI or not, as you have kph clocks.

Complete and utter nonsense...............really guys how many fecking times does this restriction thing need to be explained.........................
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

No that's not what I've written at all. What I've written is that a blue stickered m stamped cdi is plug and play and no other mod is necessary.

So if u have a blue m cdi, and you stuck at 110 then your problems are elsewhere.
beatboxben

Post by beatboxben »

Thanks for your help guys, I just wanted some genral info really!

I'll have to see if my bike is restricted then but the guy did say to me it isn't because he said about the 110mph and 10,00rpm restriction and he did something to sort it out!

I just wanted to know if it'll be a straight over swap of a L model MPH speedo from my H1 model KPH speedo?
banner001
Track day God
Track day God

Post by banner001 »

RedexRobB wrote:No that's not what I've written at all. What I've written is that a blue stickered m stamped cdi is plug and play and no other mod is necessary.

So if u have a blue m cdi, and you stuck at 110 then your problems are elsewhere.
Ok, its just that he has a H1 and you do state Rob about a UK CDI that "However, they are not compatible with H model, so fitting one wont work"...that was my only concern...although the OP didnt state if he has an M-cdi, or indeed what CDI is currently fitted...
beatboxben

Post by beatboxben »

I just want to know if the KPH will need a new signal thing to change to mph speed :(
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Can't say for sure on the h model. I've swapped kph speed for mph on an l model. But dont know if its the same fitment on the cliock bracket. I suspect it is but can't say for certain.
banner001
Track day God
Track day God

Post by banner001 »

you can get speedo screw in devices that step down the speed of the wheel revolutions, so you still have a kph dial, but the needle moves as if it is reading mph, so you dont need little stickers everywhere, if it says 30kph, read it as 30mph.

something like this might fit, you would need to check that the sizes all work out fine
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOTORCYCLE-MO ... 5ae8d6a98d
beatboxben

Post by beatboxben »

That's whati was looking at! Thanksfor your help buddy:D