Zxr 400 handling probelms

Moderator: Moderators

rossco111
My Bike: ZXR 400 L9

Zxr 400 handling probelms

Post by rossco111 »

Hi guys,

I've had a few bikes over the last 8 years, vfr 400, r6, super motos etc. on my latest zxr 400 L9 model I seem to be struggling with the front end handling wise. My tyres are the right size and are pretty much brand new, so I know these arnt the problem.

When I tip it into a corner the front feels like its going to wash out a lot. Never had this on a bike before and doesn't feel great. I'm quite a light rider at 9.5 stone so I can only put this down to suspension??

Anyone else had this sort of a problem? A few friends who have had a zxr 400 in the past say they normally handle amazingly?

Any help would be great
CaNsA
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZX6R F1

Re: Zxr 400 handling probelms

Post by CaNsA »

Set the suspension settings back to stock, if they arent already.
Info is in the manual
http://www.zxrworld.co.uk/zxr400/manual.html

Let us know.
Moderator & Skilled Ban Hammer Operator!
Has this forum helped you out? Say thanks by donating some of your hard earned cash towards running costs.

:: <=-LOADED TELLY BOXES - NO CONTRACT - NO SUBSCRIPTION - PM ME-=> ::
ross46
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: zxr 400 l6

Post by ross46 »

Know the feeling, what tyres you running? And try backing off the preload, 8.5 stone for me
Smokingviper1
My Bike: Kawasaki zxr 400 L6

Post by Smokingviper1 »

Ok so im experiancing handling problems too, same as above pretty much... front end feels unbalanced and feels like like it wants yo wash out, i know ny front suspension is rock hard, how to i adjust dampering and spring tention

Thanks
ZXR 400 L5