Essential Tools for your ZXR

Moderator: Moderators

KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400L9 2001

Re: Essential Tools for your ZXR

Post by KwakKwak »

ross46 wrote: you need a big bottle of swarfegga to get all the toad of your hands
Latex gloves? Mine are a rather fetching shade of lilac.
Does the low seat height reflect the low intelligence? Easier to get an asshole onto.
ross46
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: zxr 400 l6

Post by ross46 »

Yeah I have latex gloves, mine are black! And very thick, caught my hand with a Stanley knife and it didn't cut through the gloves! There's a shop selling 2000 of the thin white ones for a fiver! and you still need swarfegga because personally I think sometimes you just can't do fiddly things with gloves on, or when the glove splits and you dont realise, also swarfegga is amazing at cleaning chains and wheels with chain lube all over them, I bought a massive 5 litre bottle for £20
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

ross46 wrote:Who changed my post?! You dont need a toad load you need a S#%T load, also you need a big bottle of swarfegga to get all the toad of your hands

There is an automatic setting on the forum that replaces swear words with alternatives.
ross46
Restricted
Restricted

Post by ross46 »

I never knew that! Tempting to test it out but I think I'll restrain myself
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400L9 2001

Post by KwakKwak »

Is this section in the twilight zone???????????????? where the hell is maintenance, servicing and cleaning on the main board, I can find this with a search but do not see it listed on the board index, am I going mad, or is there maybe the possibility that I am fookin blind :smt017
ross46 wrote:can't do fiddly things with gloves on
Agreed, can get slightly annoying when they catch on a washer etc.
cargo wrote:There is an automatic setting on the forum that replaces swear words with alternatives.
Who would have reason to swear on this forum????????????
Does the low seat height reflect the low intelligence? Easier to get an asshole onto.
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by cargo »

Actually it needs updating I just tried it out and the nasty word actually posted....................maybe its another forum I've seen it on :smt017
ross46
Restricted
Restricted

Post by ross46 »

Well that's a bit toad...
ross46
Restricted
Restricted

Post by ross46 »

How about a slight different view on this post, due to recent events (bike being a pain) what would you say are essential tools for under your seat, im thinking spare levers, Allen key bits, 1/4 drive ratchet and sockets, 3/8 drive ratchet and sockets, 1/2 drive ratchet and adapters for smaller sockets, coupler for bits, large weird 1/2 drive sockets (rear wheel spindle, bolt on headstock, couple of spare bolts, fuses, cable ties, crimp connectors (hate them but ok for emergencies) anything else?
Vaughn
My Bike: Zxr400

Post by Vaughn »

ross46 wrote:How about a slight different view on this post, due to recent events (bike being a pain) what would you say are essential tools for under your seat, im thinking spare levers, Allen key bits, 1/4 drive ratchet and sockets, 3/8 drive ratchet and sockets, 1/2 drive ratchet and adapters for smaller sockets, coupler for bits, large weird 1/2 drive sockets (rear wheel spindle, bolt on headstock, couple of spare bolts, fuses, cable ties, crimp connectors (hate them but ok for emergencies) anything else?
Must be like a tardis under your seat, I've got about enough room for a pack of fags and a chocolate bar
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by cargo »

ross46 wrote:How about a slight different view on this post, due to recent events (bike being a pain) what would you say are essential tools for under your seat, im thinking spare levers, Allen key bits, 1/4 drive ratchet and sockets, 3/8 drive ratchet and sockets, 1/2 drive ratchet and adapters for smaller sockets, coupler for bits, large weird 1/2 drive sockets (rear wheel spindle, bolt on headstock, couple of spare bolts, fuses, cable ties, crimp connectors (hate them but ok for emergencies) anything else?

Save weight.....................join the AA
ross46
Restricted
Restricted

Post by ross46 »

Pay the as how much a year and then have to wait an hour for them to come out if its just a blown 30 amp fuse
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by cargo »

That's one serious tool kit you need to replace a fuse......................Mr Kawasaki in his infinite wisdom actually provides a little space to carry spare fuses.
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by cargo »

Better still my insurance come with free breakdown recovery.................but then you wouldn't be able to afford such luxuries with all the money your spending on tools to fix problems you know nothing about...............oh and half the worlds fuse supplies too

Note extreme sarcasm and irony in this posting
ross46
Restricted
Restricted

Post by ross46 »

"Tools to fix problems you know nothing about" see I find that funny as I can't work out how I can fix a problem when I know nothing about it, I have all the tools, just deciding which to put in their, also I have made over £500 in the last 2 months fixing other peoples bikes when they've broken down, so cargo, put simply... off with your arrogance and condescension, lets hope the forum corrects my rude language
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by cargo »

:wanker