Mid winter rant

We have a resident rant and raver here at ZXRworld, come and say hello to Jamz.Wanna join him? got something to get off your chest? let it all out................
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Mid winter rant

Post by cargo »

So we all know how wonderful the ZXR400 :smt007 is but what really annoys you about your ZXR400 banghead ...................what's that really irritating thing that really gets right up your nose and drive you to distraction and make you feel like a sleeping bear that just been poked in the eye with a pointy stick :smt064
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400L9 2001

Re: Mid winter rant

Post by KwakKwak »

Normally I would say the rear shock, this would then present a clever opportunity to introduce the fact I have an Ohlins waiting for installation, but that would be boasting, you know mentioning my Ohlins, so I will not do this.
Most annoying thing, there is no Haynes manual, or even better, a Kawasaki manual to be found anywhere. What I do is use a ZXR750 manual, because it's exactly the same bike, just slightly bigger, I guarantee this is the only difference.
There is a lack of parts available, it's almost impossible to source all the bits and pieces one requires, and believe me I have conducted an exhaustive search.
Also, and this is not ZXR specific, I've found this on all my bikes, the more I fook around with it, the more problems it gives me, it's as if Mr kawasaki actually thinke he knows more than me about setting up a bike, and yes, you can argue he twatted up the rear shock, but one should remember the ZXR was not intended for our shores in the first place.

The ZXR can be a little turd at times, fussy to start, likes to rev in strange patterns, last day out I pull up to my garage and it just dies, not because it's running badly, it's huffing, fun over, and I love it for that :smt050

So my theory is this, the ZXR really has no really annoying nuances, but it may tell you a story or two about some of it's owners :smt013
Does the low seat height reflect the low intelligence? Easier to get an asshole onto.
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by KwakKwak »

Sorry to hog this thread, but as no one has any gripes about the ZXR, which is very strange :smt017 if one has a read around the forum.
So I nominate the 8 fooking jail wardens holding the carbs to the ally bracket, complete nightmare :smt010 :smt013 :smt010
Does the low seat height reflect the low intelligence? Easier to get an asshole onto.
ChristoT
My Bike: ZX4

Post by ChristoT »

KwakKwak wrote:Sorry to hog this thread, but as no one has any gripes about the ZXR, which is very strange :smt017 if one has a read around the forum.
So I nominate the 8 fooking jail wardens holding the carbs to the ally bracket, complete nightmare :smt010 :smt013 :smt010

My gripe about the ZX-4: It's in bits in the back garden, I don't know why the cooling system failed as dramatically (or as fast!!) as it did, and I can't find any bloody spares for it. :smt013
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

Post by Mori Man »

Fuel tap on H/J & L&M - always a fukin thumble about getting it into reserve by which time the bike is ready to chuck it ! Twat of an idea and location.

Ohlins rear shock is better than OEM but an SP with KRT spring is just fine :smt003

No hot start problems and parts a plentiful :smt003
Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by KwakKwak »

Mori Man wrote:Fuel tap on H/J & L&M - always a fukin thumble about getting it into reserve by which time the bike is ready to chuck it ! Twat of an idea and location.

Ohlins rear shock is better than OEM but an SP with KRT spring is just fine :smt003

No hot start problems and parts a plentiful :smt003
Agreed on the fuel tap, I never let it get to reserve, you are a master of understatement regarding the rear shock :pmsl
As for parts, I was having a little side swipe at those who can't seem to find the parts which as you say are plentiful, amazingly so in fact, I so love Cradleys.
I did a cold start test a week ago, started on the button after a few weeks of slumber, hot starts no probs either, from memory.
CrazyChris
My Bike: Kawasaki ZX400G

Post by CrazyChris »

Problems on my ZX-4? Easy. Setting up the carbs. Would have the bottom part of the rev range perfect today, but just wait for tomorrow then its all bullocks again. And I haven't changed anything. No spares in South Africa. Mechanics don't want to touch a 400. :ffs
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Post by banner001 »

rear shock and a seat as hard as steel make for unpleasant 2+ hour journeys.

also im fairly tall at almost 6' so i have almost no protection from the fairing even when in a tuck.
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
phelsumania
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR 400

Post by phelsumania »

banner001 wrote:rear shock and a seat as hard as steel make for unpleasant 2+ hour journeys.

also im fairly tall at almost 6' so i have almost no protection from the fairing even when in a tuck.
I've still got to experience the pleasures or the infamous rear shock and hard seat. But you could pad out the seat abit and recover it. Am a scrawney giraffe to say the least so am going to be cutting up the shitty foam spine protector that came out my leather jacket as extra cushioning and recovering from the seat if its bad :pmsl