Road Tax from 1st October

We have a resident rant and raver here at ZXRworld, come and say hello to Jamz.Wanna join him? got something to get off your chest? let it all out................
Top-shaggy
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: KR-1R

Road Tax from 1st October

Post by Top-shaggy »

Just renewed the road tax on my KMX200 using the gov website and at the end it said due to new legislation they won't be sending me a tax disk.. Now I had read something about this a few months ago but had almost forgot about it.

Sounds like more government ways to make money to me.. Or at very least save money. Why oh why don't they just add it onto the fuel cost. At least that way everyone would pay and it would be proportionate to how any miles are covered etc..

Ok... So how many are taking their old tax disks off? Or will people leave them on?

I wager the show scene will now be awash with period tax disks from when their bikes where first registered... Boring or what.. :smt015

Grrrrrrr oldman
We are we're we are..
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Re: Road Tax from 1st October

Post by RedexRobB »

Mines still got the tax disc on from 1993 :)
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Post by zimm »

whats a tax disc ?
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

I'll tax my bike when they fix the roads
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Post by banner001 »

cargo wrote:I'll tax my bike when they fix the roads
It's not a road tax, it's an emissions tax.

Road tax ceased to be from 2001, since then it's been based on emissions for new vehicles, or engine size for older vehicles. If you vehicle is not on a sorn it needs Vehicle Excise Duty paying as it is classed as being parked on the road and is capable of creating emissions.

Your roads are repaired mainly with government funds, and some input from local council tax, so if you don't want to pay "them" until they "fix the roads" don't pay your council tax and try and avoid paying income tax.
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
rajrakhiria
My Bike: ZXR 400 L9

Post by rajrakhiria »

Shame we now live in a digital world!
I keep all my tax disks until point of sale......think it shows reputable ownership, nostalgia and of course will retain the old tax disk (unless the law says otherwise)! After all the tax holder is carbon fibre look!

I wonder whether the new regulation will improve the road conditions.......pot holes.....old diesel/petrol spills, DVLA apparently will save millions on not posting tax disks!

:smt009