MCUI Rule Change

There seems to be more and more members appearing that are racing the ZXR400 so i've created a special section just for you to show off results, discuss meets etc etc.

Moderator: Moderators

400y
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400H1 GSXR600

MCUI Rule Change

Post by 400y »

For anyone coming over to race in Ireland be aware of the following changes

MCUI Technical rules STANDING REGULATIONS FOR ROAD RACES AND SHORT CIRCUITS
Add the following to apply to all solo classes:
All classes may change the front brake master cylinder

2. MCUI Technical rules

Once a rider has fallen from their machine they are not permitted to remount and continue in that race or qualifying/practice session.
The machine has to be re checked and passed by a scrutineer before the rider can continue in the meeting.

3. MCUI Technical rules STANDING REGULATIONS FOR ROAD RACES AND SHORT CIRCUITS

Add the following to apply to all solo classes

All lateral covers/engine cases containing oil and which could be in contact with the ground during a crash, must be protected by a second cover made from composite materials, type carbon or Kevlar®, aluminium or steel plates and/or bars are also permitted. All these devices must be designed to be resistant against sudden shocks and must be fixed properly and securely.
stuart42

Re: MCUI Rule Change

Post by stuart42 »

Hi Yvonne

Thanks for that.

See you at Cookstown?

Cheers
Stuart
400y
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by 400y »

Yes Stuart shall be at Cookstown.

Update on the casing ruling:

Statement - 5th Feb 2015

Secondary Engine Covers:

The following is the Official line of the MCUI and both the Short Circuit and Road Race Commissions.

The MCUI General Competition Rules and Standing Regulation are there for a reason and that includes the safety of riders, officials and spectators. The rule regarding secondary engine covers was introduced as a safety matter in an attempt to minimise the potential for machine engine oil to leek onto the track in the event of a crash.

We believe the addition of secondary or heavy duty engine covers is in the interests of rider safety and therefore the new rule will stand.
However after consulting with the Technical Committee and taking the views of riders and motorcycle parts suppliers we realise that in it's present form this new rule is unworkable as secondary covers are not commercially available for many machines.

The MCUI Commissions have decided to make a few changes to this rule which will go before a Conference in March for ratification.

The amended rule will be as follows:-

"All lateral covers/engine cases containing oil on 4 stroke machines, and which could come in contact with the ground during a crash, must be protected by a second cover made from composite materials, aluminium or steel plates and/or bars are also permitted.
All these devices must be designed to be resistant against sudden shocks and must be fixed properly and securely.
Where secondary covers are not commercially available, engine case guards in the form of strengthened engine side covers may be installed.
The countershaft cover may be removed. The addition of a crankcase protector at the countershaft is allowed."

The MCUI are aware that this has caused great concern amongst competitors as it didn't give enough time before the start of the 2015 season.
Therefore it's been decided that we will not be strictly enforcing this rule until the start of 2016.
However for 2015 on the grounds of rider safety it is highly recommended that any machine were secondary or heavy duty covers are commercially available then they should be fitted.
For any machine were covers are not presently available then it is again on the grounds of rider safety highly recommended that an attempt be made to protect any casings which may come in contact with the ground in the event of a crash.
The MCUI Technical Committee will be on hand at most events this season to check machines and give advise as to what will and will not be acceptable come 2016.
We cannot stress enough the importance of this rule and would urge all competitors to do what they can this year to protect engines against oil spillages.
This is in the interest of your own safety and that your fellow competitors !

Best of luck to everyone for the season..

John McAllister
Secretary SC Commission
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MCUI-Sho ... 3225776843
wes
My Bike: ZXR 400

Post by wes »

Be interested to know what you did on the ZXR with regards this rule.
400y
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by 400y »

At this point in time = nothing.

It is being brought in for the 2016 season.

There are a few other 'rules' they should sort out first instead of worrying about this one.
stuart42

Post by stuart42 »

wes wrote:Be interested to know what you did on the ZXR with regards this rule.

Well after racing at Cookstown and Tandragee bikes were checked and nothing said about engine cases, however I have always had a 6mm ali plate welded to my genny cover anyway, so guess this was enough.

Cheers
Stuart
400y
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by 400y »

For anyone coming over to race this rule is in operation:

. MCUI Technical rules STANDING REGULATIONS FOR ROAD RACES AND SHORT CIRCUITS

Add the following to apply to all solo classes

All lateral covers/engine cases containing oil and which could be in contact with the ground during a crash, must be protected by a second cover made from composite materials, type carbon or Kevlar®, aluminium or steel plates and/or bars are also permitted. All these devices must be designed to be resistant against sudden shocks and must be fixed properly and securely.
stuart42

Post by stuart42 »

Hi Yvonne

How's things?

How have you protected your clutch cover,I have protection on my genny cover but not my clutch?

Are you at Tandragee?

Cheers
Stuart
400y
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by 400y »

Bit late but yes Pulsar cover and Gen cover need protection