one cylinder is full of oil?

Moderator: Moderators

Kameeli
My Bike: ZXR400

one cylinder is full of oil?

Post by Kameeli »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyfW7QmR_9o

Do you guys know what that is in cylinder 3 and if it's normal or not? It looks like oil to me and the spark plug was all oily aswell and bike wont start
Miles
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400 L3

Re: one cylinder is full of oil?

Post by Miles »

First thing, get a compression test on the cylinders.

If it is oil then it could be worn bore/rings/piston. A compression test would rule a lot of that out.

It could also be the o-rings around the spark plug tunnel or the seals between the rocker cover and spark plug funnels. Is there oil dripping from beneath the exhaust port #3?
Kameeli

Post by Kameeli »

Miles wrote:First thing, get a compression test on the cylinders.

If it is oil then it could be worn bore/rings/piston. A compression test would rule a lot of that out.

It could also be the o-rings around the spark plug tunnel or the seals between the rocker cover and spark plug funnels. Is there oil dripping from beneath the exhaust port #3?
Well the reason it was not running was because fuel pump was not working.. but i took the head off aswell and it looks like theres surface rust on cyl3?? Im sure it was running on all 4 before it stalled so how the heck is there rust in there... unless it has started to rust when the bike stood for 5 days before i took the head off.. anyway here is a pic
Kameeli

Post by Kameeli »

Image :smt010
Kameeli

Post by Kameeli »

had my friend over and he looked at the head etc and said it was fine and told me to just put everythin together after swapping the head gasket, well not soon after there's more problems................................................... :smt011 :smt011 :smt011 :smt011 :smt011 Just when i'm about to tighten it all up and finnish the work the damn bolt holding the camshaft in place decides to snap!! my face went from :smt001 to :smt011 in a millisecond

now i'm left with half of the bolt in the camshaft cover thing and I have no damn clue how I should extract it so any ideas would be real helpful... (i blame the torque wrench for being a pile of crap) :rant