Datatool Alarm......................Alarm!!

Welcome to the ZXRworld forum.

Moderator: Moderators

davep8
My Bike: ZXR400 L9

Datatool Alarm......................Alarm!!

Post by davep8 »

Datatool Duo Alarm...Alarm.
Word of warning!
Recently I bought an immaculate UK one owner 7800 mile 2001 ZXR400 L9.
Unfortunately it has been dealer fitted from new with a Dataool Duo alarm immobiliser.
This comes with two "touch keys" to arm/disarm the system.
One of the keys no longer works and I have been informed by Datatool that they are no longer avaialble to buy as the Duo system is obsolete.
This means that if the remaining one fails I will be unable to start/ride the bike!
The only course of action is to remove the alarm completely, as there does not seem to be any way to permannetly dis-arm it. Datatool say that this has to be done by a dealer!! To date I have been quoted £55 to £220.
The alarm is working fine at the moment however I am worried that I may get stranded one day!
I think it is bad practice not to continue to support the old model alarms , especially as and I quote Datatool "there are still people using this system"
I am a rather annoyed that I will have to book it into a dealer and pay for it to be removed!!
As the system is now obsolete (probably for a few years now) the least they could do is publish removal instructions or a method of permanently disarming it!
Effectivley a system designed to stop the bike being stolen may end up stopping from being ridden!!
If anyone can help me with this I would appreciate it.

cheers dave
Green1

Re: Datatool Alarm......................Alarm!!

Post by Green1 »

I hate Datatool alarms I have removed two now. I find the bikes never started as they drained the battery within a week.
Never had the Duo but both mine were dealer fitted and easy to remove by tracing the black wires.