Cluch cable snapped.

Moderator: Moderators

Michael Kara
My Bike: ZXR 400 L7

Cluch cable snapped.

Post by Michael Kara »

Hello guys.

Unfortunatly my cluch cable snapped today.

I called my mechanic. He doesn't have one available at the moment, can order one but will take a while for the part to arrive.
Unfortunatly time is not a luxury I have at the moment.

Do you guys know which other models will the cluch cable fit from? Will a KLE 500 cluch cable fit?

I found a post about parts that will fit the ZXR from other bikes but there was no mention for cluch cables.

Thank you very much.

Cheers,
Michael.
Michael Kara

Re: Cluch cable snapped.

Post by Michael Kara »

Quick update:

Got it fixed today but fitting an KLE 500 cluch cable. Its not perfect but it works.
Thanks to some comments on the original post about which parts from other bikes will fit the ZXR.

Cheers,
Michael
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Post by banner001 »

I did do a quick bit of looking, the cable fitted to our bike is only fitted to our bike... Which is not helpful

There is a cable makers near to where I live that would put in a new in er cable, you might have something similar to where you live. There are also temporary cable repair kits with a screw on nipple that can be soldered into place to make it a bit more permanent.
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
Michael Kara

Post by Michael Kara »

Hello Banner.

What we've done so far is fit a KLE 500 cluch cable.

It works just fine but I have to admit its unbelievably heavy. We've ordered a new one specifically for the ZXR but it will take close to a month for the part to arrive here in Greece.

On a sidenote we changed the rubber seal on the side of the front sprocket but it still leaks oil slowly, don't really know where we'll get with that in the future.

Cheers,
Michael