Welcome to the ZXRworld forum.

Moderator: Moderators

KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400L9 2001

Video editing

Post by KwakKwak »

Anyone using software to edit on bike vids?? I have a load of footage but have not yet decided on an editing package yet, so I'm stuck with oversized vids for the moment. Any advice / experience appreciated.
I have a pc and a mac, and can get quicktime pro for about £18.00, macs have always been good for editing etc, anyone tried quicktime pro??

Ta.
Does the low seat height reflect the low intelligence? Easier to get an asshole onto.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Re: Video editing

Post by masterofinsanity »

interesting subject, i'm trying to convert a load of old VHSC tapes to pc , have tried Roxio which looks a good package but can't get it to save anything so tried NCH software which is great and free, just gotta sort the audio, any other suggestions? i believe sony vegas is supposed to be good?
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by KwakKwak »

Just tried quicktime pro, does what I need at the moment, basic trimming, cutting and pasting, and compressing for uploads. I have just noticed I have NCH on my pc, must have a gander at it. I tried unsuccessfully to convert old mini dv stuff to dvd years ago.
Now that I've sort of sussed very basic editing, uploading will no doubt be the next headache.
Does the low seat height reflect the low intelligence? Easier to get an asshole onto.
phelsumania
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR 400

Post by phelsumania »

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avidemux

I've always found avidemux really good, I don't use windows so not 100% if it runs on there, would imagine it would. I don't edit any of my bike vids anymore cause my laptop doesn't support HD, its old but powerful just can't handle HD cause of the screen res.
generally I've just been using viditrim on android and showering my Facebook account full of little clips. However once I've got my zxr 400 and licence sorted next month am quite tempted to attach my spare contour HD2 the rrar and keep my Sony on the helmet and make a little montage video at some point.
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by KwakKwak »

Cheers, I will have a gander at this software when time permits, getting on okay with QUITtime, all I require is cut and paste, nothing fancy.
You are patience personified uploading to FB, drives me nuts.
Assume you're using a mac, I couldn't get quicktime to run on mine even though it originated on the mac, run it on the pc, works okayish.
Was going to make a vid of my bike not starting :pmsl too late now :excited
phelsumania
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR 400

Post by phelsumania »

He he am a Linux fan boy, don't go near windows or macs. Personally for me its so much better just takes Langer to get used too, dramatically speeds up the computer and dramatically improves battery life, down side is not all windows programs s will load.
The main downside to uploading to fb, is that it compresses the shite out of video clips, so I record a 1080p video through a 16mp lens make videos look amazing, then upload it to facebook and it looks like I've recorded the video using a potato.
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by KwakKwak »

phelsumania wrote:so I record a 1080p video through a 16mp lens make videos look amazing, then upload it to facebook and it looks like I've recorded the video using a potato.
I could crack a joke about using a potato but it keeps getting chipped, but I won't :smt009