am I being unreasonable

Welcome to the ZXRworld forum.

Moderator: Moderators

phelsumania
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR 400

am I being unreasonable

Post by phelsumania »

Just wondering what the general consensus Is on my little predicament.

I sold my 125 today.
The buyers been in contact with me for a few weeks seen a shed load of pics and vids I sent him. Including the video if its last crash.
He was supposed to come view it last week but stood me up and we rearranged for today using up my holiday hours I've used to book the day off so he could come over.
I had sold the bike as a none runner cause the battery's flat and the tax had expired. He was adimant it had to run cause he lives about 20 miles away and would need to ride it back.
So I've re-taxed it for a year (I really couldn't afford it, that's how shafted financially I am this month). And fully charged the battery so it was ridable.
When he came to view it he gave the bike an inspection and we were stood out with it for about 10 minutes, I then said he could take her for a spin (even though its technically not legal). Off he went and came back totally happy with her and wanted to purchase it.
I had knocked the price right down for a fast sale. And he wanted to pay cash he claimed his Barclays bank couldn't transfer to my Halifax account (don't buy it but accepted it). I said my credit cards with barclays ands has more outstanding credit than the bikes value he could transfer it to. Again didn't like this and wanted to pay cash.
I accepted this we filled in and signed the C5V he took the keys and was on his way. I also gave him 2 brand new pirelli tyres fresh oil and loads of random spare bulbs chain loob stickers and vinyl sheeting and offered him a whole fairing kit which he declined.
I have sent off the C5V in the post already and I receive a message saying really don't like the bike anymore I want my money back.
When I ask why, hes replied I really don't like the stupid sticker bombed look and theirs a crack under one of the panels.
My response was well the stupid sticker bomb fairing was on it when you purchased it and you had and still have the option of the Rossi rep fairing kit instead and you saw the crash vid.
He then replies that the clutch leaver now jams and the engine makes a horrid rattle. Honestly I've never had an issue with the clutch or noticed a rattle.
Also it had an engine rebuild and has done 800 miles on the rebuild and I know I was over causious breaking it in. Its also had new break pads uprated disks hel lines a MOT and service 3 months ago, a renthal racing chain and sprocket kit K@n air filter oxy heated grips ram mount scorpion exhauset, plus's those new tryes I gave him.

He paid £1200 for all of that the engine rebuild was £780 by itself. Its a Yamaha r125 which is arguably the most expensive/overpriced for what they are 125 on the market for 125s they generally ain't cheap

Hes now saying he wants his money refunded tonight. But i have said I ain't doing toad now the C5V Has been sent off and once its processed the bikes registered in his name. Theirs nothing to stop him not changing it back to my name and am out a bike and money. So I would have to contact the dvla first and their office is closed already.
He got rather lary over the phone so I just said I need to contact the dvla and speek to them before I do anything.

Am sure am not obligated to refund him but am i being unreasonable to say its sold as seen (buyer) beware and your now I the registered owner. I've been totally transparent and he knew exactly what issues it had when he purchased it as a none starter.
Am kinda sceptical on if it has genuinely got a rattly engine and a sticky clutch what the f has happened between him purchasing it and now.
CaNsA
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZX6R F1

Re: am I being unreasonable

Post by CaNsA »

f*** him.
He liked it, he bought it.
"No longer liking it" is not a reason for a refund.

You have 2 options.

1. Offer to buy the bike back for £800quid, to cover your costs.

2. save all text messages/emails etc etc then block all forms of communication with him.
block mobile numbers, ebay accounts etc etc.
Moderator & Skilled Ban Hammer Operator!
Has this forum helped you out? Say thanks by donating some of your hard earned cash towards running costs.

:: <=-LOADED TELLY BOXES - NO CONTRACT - NO SUBSCRIPTION - PM ME-=> ::
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

CaNsA wrote:f*** him.
He liked it, he bought it.
"No longer liking it" is not a reason for a refund.

You have 2 options.

1. Offer to buy the bike back for £800quid, to cover your costs.

2. save all text messages/emails etc etc then block all forms of communication with him.
block mobile numbers, ebay accounts etc etc.

Wise words..............

Sold as seen.
The End
Leey
My Bike: Zxr400L8

Post by Leey »

Defo sold as seen.
He is just trying to pressure you in to backing out on the sale.
I would tell him to politely to piss off if he calls you again.
phelsumania
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR 400

Post by phelsumania »

Haha
Well earlier on at work on my first lunch break he called up again with the same request and I said that for the final time it wasn't happening sold as seen none runner. As far as am concerned uve got a bargain and has no grounds to dispute, spend £30 quid on a new battery and its a mechanically perfect condition r125. If u feel that strongly I've screwed you over then u need to go through the small claims court and that will be the only form of discussion I will have on this matter from here out and ended the call.
Now I get home from work 8/9 hours later and log on to facebook
Were both members of the same local motorcycle club/group, and use fb to organise the ride out destinations and meet times.
Anyway I notice a notification from that group so I open it up, and its matey boy posting happy to be finally back on the road, and theirs a picture of the bike after its had the vinyl removed.

I was about to message him saying its deffinately yours now you've started pulling bits off it and altered the bodywork
When I went to the message box their was already a message from him apologising for being a royal pain in the butt and he was now fine with it.
Guessing hes finally wised up, and hes learnt a life lesson about buying a bike for cash, and he was luck at the same time he did actually get a genuine bike and not just purchased a write off or banger and not able to get his cash back.
CaNsA
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZX6R F1

Post by CaNsA »

Moderator & Skilled Ban Hammer Operator!
Has this forum helped you out? Say thanks by donating some of your hard earned cash towards running costs.

:: <=-LOADED TELLY BOXES - NO CONTRACT - NO SUBSCRIPTION - PM ME-=> ::