L2 Track Bitsa

Welcome to the ZXRworld forum.

Moderator: Moderators

kawizard

Re: L2 Track Bitsa

Post by kawizard »

My biggest regret is that I haven’t powder coated the frame and swinger with the lockdown. A drop of carb cleaner eats this crappy halfords paint...
As I’ve done the swingarm And head race bearings I’m not going to powder coat... instead I’m thinking of Polishing the frame and swingarm... maybe to a ‘brushed ally’ finish? I don’t really like mirror polished stuff. But I think this job can wait until the thing is riding and reliable.

I recently cleared some memory on my phone but ill stick some better pics up very soon.
kawizard

Post by kawizard »

Well I balanced the carbs this morning and cannot believe the difference... I spent so much time Re-cleaning carbs and messing around with float heights, jets and pilot screws. It was so out of sync, cylinder one nearly maxed out my gauges (these are ‘Carbtune’ gauges btw If anyone needs a set) and cylinder three was pretty much shut off. Runs like a dream now.
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Post by banner001 »

sounds good!

yes i have the carbtune pro 2 set of ballancers, very good!
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
kawizard

Post by kawizard »

That’s the one! They are actually my Dads but he but he just had them sat collecting dust. I’ve got a few mates lining up for a carb balance now 😂
kawizard

Post by kawizard »

I need a set of brake pistons and seals, I’ve bought the powerhouse ones before for a few of my bikes... does anyone suggest any others? I saw some titanium ones on eBay, not even sure how much difference they would make to stainless.