Moderator: Moderators

rene
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: kwack ZXR750L1

Whats your hobbys?

Post by rene »

so whats your hobbys?

At the moement im getting into hanglideing, i really bloody enjoy it nout better than throwing yourself off a 3,000 feet moutin! if you dont feel alive then you never will!

i was in spain the other month, cuple of pics-

(im the little blip :D)

I also do some greenlaneing when i get time. Next yeah im looking to get into raceing again as i feel like these a big hole in me without it!
ZXR750 L1
tail tidy, polished bits, custom paint job, k&n, dynojet, Full akropovik, down geared, GSXR calipers, hel brake lines front and rear & clutch line, maxtron resprung froks 120BHP

BikePics page-
http://www.bikepics.com/members/zxr400rene/
superman
Full Licence rider
Full Licence rider

Re: Whats your hobbys?

Post by superman »

ah wicked i wouldnt mind havin a bash at that. how do you get into it, is there a club or somet plus how much does it all cost, not just a case of drivin up the hill settin the glider up an jumping off the cliff.
bet its not good walkin back to the car lmoa that would be an argument actually wouldnt it, who drives the car to get ya :smt003
Remember speed kills, so does smoking, drinking, drugs, fast food and many more good things
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

superman wrote: just a case of drivin up the hill settin the glider up an jumping off the cliff.

I know a guy that did just exactly that.............amazingly he is still alive
rene
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by rene »

superman wrote:ah wicked i wouldnt mind havin a bash at that. how do you get into it, is there a club or somet plus how much does it all cost, not just a case of drivin up the hill settin the glider up an jumping off the cliff.
bet its not good walkin back to the car lmoa that would be an argument actually wouldnt it, who drives the car to get ya :smt003
its not overly cheap...the training costs around 1,500-4,500 deepending on who you go with.

There's loads of clubs about once you start looking around eaither tow, were they tow you up off the ground. Or hill (i enjoy this more). Before you can join a club or use a club hill/tow you need to get your licence, this is controled by the BHPA (british hang glider and paraglider association). Thus the training...

If you go for a older wing you can pick them up for about £200 of a old intermediate performace one (go for a older one to start with as you'll crash land alot :oops: ) then you've got harnis (another 200 odd) and a lid. Now you've got all the basics to go flying!

Once i get better i want to start doing cross country, basicly fly as far as you can think the record stands at around 300 odd miles!
ZXR750 L1
tail tidy, polished bits, custom paint job, k&n, dynojet, Full akropovik, down geared, GSXR calipers, hel brake lines front and rear & clutch line, maxtron resprung froks 120BHP

BikePics page-
gubbs
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZZR1100C3

Post by gubbs »

Fucking awesome photos man!

I always wanted to do it tbh.

Price has always been an issue ...

I also really want to get into skiing/boarding.

As for hobbies now ..

Bikes, bikes and more bikes. Altho I spend more time fixing them than I do riding them. :(
zxr400 h2 (breaking)
zzr1100c3 (broken)
Vespa et4 (almost broken)

My FleaBay

"Save the planet, eat a vegan .." - Clarkson
rene
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by rene »

for my whinter hoilday this year think me and my sisters hubby (used to be a ski instructer) are going sking so quite looking forward to that!
ZXR750 L1

BikePics page-
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

I like simple things really. My biggest hobby obviously is riding my bike.

I think my main hobby after that has to be building bikes, i get so much pleasure out of it, my ZXR is my first real rebuild. although the engine didnt need any work, but if it aint broke dont fix it!

Other hobby is aquaurium fish, had some small set-ups over the years but going to uni i dont have the time to look after them properly, but plan to have a nice big setup after i finish uni and get a house of my own, one of those 'in the wall' jobs.

Hand gliding looks great id love to give that a go along with some bunjee jumping and parachuting.
Northern ANdy
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Unique ZXR400

Post by Northern ANdy »

bikes both road and off road. Really enjoy a spot of camping and have a love of nature so I can sit for hours in somewhere peaceful just watching the animals.
Want to try bungee jumping most at the moment
Andy
superman
Full Licence rider
Full Licence rider

Post by superman »

Ah cool bit of info cheers,,, how much do they charge for this licence then?
them pictures remind me of only fools an horses. the episode when del goes on the glider, what a classic.
Remember speed kills, so does smoking, drinking, drugs, fast food and many more good things
rene
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by rene »

the training (in my case any how) included the licence fee, its not much £50 odd iirc you also get a free subcripton to SkyWings (your have to pay each year mind) whats a ok read!
ZXR750 L1

BikePics page-
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

this website takes up all my spare time, have got a couple of r/c nitro cars nothing else really.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
angry mike
My Bike: 05' ZX-636R

Post by angry mike »

Sounds boring but im a keen astrophotographer, downhill rider on my kona stinky, keeping fit and also into rc cars too, i got a HPI BAJA 5B... oh yeah and obviousely the obvious...
heres one of my many pics, its called the dumbell nebula...
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

there's some dust on your lens mate, you really should clean it. :smt003
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Northern ANdy wrote: Really enjoy a spot of camping
Oh yeah? hb
Northern ANdy
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Unique ZXR400

Post by Northern ANdy »

lol that is the worst smiley, after 5 mins of being puzzled I decided to just hover over it to see what it meant
Andy