cv carbs and trumpets...

Moderator: Moderators

cdstirland81
My Bike: ZXR400H1 and proud!

cv carbs and trumpets...

Post by cdstirland81 »

right, this one is a bit curveball, so here goes...

i got standard 32mm CV carbs, and i'm after individual trumpets and/or individual filters, and binning the airbox,
think what people were bolting on to things in the 80's/90's, going for a sort of "period" theme, i.e. what people were doing in their sheds back in the day... think indvidual K&N's and ramair foam pod filters...

so, any idea's or places that sell them? or do you have some?

ta in advance,

cliff
ameteurs practice and train unitl they can do it, professionals practice and train until they cannot fail at it..
parby81
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 L9

Re: cv carbs and trumpets...

Post by parby81 »

well you could do that, but i would put money on it running pants!!

But if you really want them, just go on K&N's website. They do standard ones of different sizes that you can choose from.
These things are sent to try us!!
cdstirland81

Post by cdstirland81 »

parby81 wrote:well you could do that, but i would put money on it running pants!!

But if you really want them, just go on K&N's website. They do standard ones of different sizes that you can choose from.

why would it run toad? lots of racers are running CV's with trumpets, either open or ram air! i'm sure careful jetting and dyno setup can get it running just fine! might be weaker low down, but who really rides around below 5k anyway?
ameteurs practice and train unitl they can do it, professionals practice and train until they cannot fail at it..
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Post by zimm »

the early F3 kit for the first SP's used an air-tray and open bellmouths with no airbox

this is what i have on my racebike.. i have no idea how well it works as i havent run it yet.. with no filter i wouldnt do it on the road though.

cdstirland81

Post by cdstirland81 »

zimm, they are exactly what i'm after!

at last, someone knows where i'm going with this :smt002

i can get/make an air tray,and i can get filters that fit/slip on/mount and work with trumpets (think car throttle bodies applications, sock/sausage filters :smt002 ), its the trumpets i'm after!

the long and short of it is, where can i get some, and what lengths can i get?
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Post by zimm »

pm mori-man, think he had some OE ones.. maybe some "tea strainers" too

the F3 kit was available with either 30mm or 50mm trumpets (shown above) for topend/midrange respectively

failing that, a lot of tuners make their own .. have a ring round the usual suspects.
cdstirland81

Post by cdstirland81 »

thanks zimm!