Bike Won't Start!

Moderator: Moderators

Bike Won't Start!

Post by Guest »

Hello All! and welcome back, I've been waiting ages to get spme advice on this little problem!

Starter motor is fine and turning over nicely, got a spark from every plug, only thing being is that i'm not sure if the fuel pump is running. If I connect the pump straight to a 12v then it spins for about a second and then stops, although I assume it will only pump up to a certain pressure when the float chambers are full and then cut off? Not sure if the relay has gone and I don't think I can test it, but even when the float chambers are full the bike may just cough when turning over without choke but nothing more than that.

Any Suggestions??

Cheers :lol:
Last edited by Guest on Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
sloweracing
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

wont start

Post by sloweracing »

Hi good to see the website back.

Hi if you take the pipe of the carbs turn bike on the fuel pump should keep ticking sorry dont forget to turn fuel off.
If the pump works then put your bike back together and i would say no choke and try bumping the bike with no throttle make sure you have tick over set up.
From out just give it two turns in if it still does not start then use the starter.
If still no joy it will be wiring but try that first .

My zxr H model does not like choke and because it is a race bike it was left standing for three weeks and that took two people to push it down hill and my engine is fresh some times they just dont like to much fuel

try some old spark plugs as well.
Hope this helps :roll:
MJJ400

Post by MJJ400 »

I have always found that once my H2 has stood for a few weeks, it is an absolute nightmare to get started. Must be something to do with fuel a bit stale, battery not in peak condition, oil drained back to the sump etc.

I always had to jump start the thing off a car - don't have the car running though. This turns the starter a little faster than normal, and ensures the coils have plenty of juice in reserve.

Might be worth a try?

Martin.