Front Brake Pulsing.

Moderator: Moderators

CaNsA
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZX6R F1

Front Brake Pulsing.

Post by CaNsA »

After changing the rims i am using the discs that were on the project bike which is cool cos they are thicker thn the ones i was using.There is a prob though, when using the front brake it is pulsing, and pulsing more than the ones i was using. I have had the front up off the ground and spun the wheel, and the discs look totally straight.

Any ideas?

Peace out
Moderator & Skilled Ban Hammer Operator!
Has this forum helped you out? Say thanks by donating some of your hard earned cash towards running costs.

:: <=-LOADED TELLY BOXES - NO CONTRACT - NO SUBSCRIPTION - PM ME-=> ::
arkell
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Re: Front Brake Pulsing.

Post by arkell »

You can ' feel ' warped discs but hard to see them sometimes, discs on my varadero were warped and pulsed but u couldn't really notice just by looking at em...
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Yeah you may not see it, you need a run-out gauge to measure it if there is any.
CaNsA
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZX6R F1

Post by CaNsA »

i shall have to chk it out

does it make a difference if the discs are diff thickness?
Cos this is what im thinking,
I have 2 left discs and 2 right discs, on 2 front rims. If i take a left one from rim 1 and put it on rim 2 with the right disc on rim 2 will the 2mm difference have a mega uber dodgy effect on braking or will the brake fluid be distributed in a way that will give equal pad > disc force on both discs?

you know what i mean?
oh and this is assuming that there is an un-warped disc on each rim that i can use lol.
Moderator & Skilled Ban Hammer Operator!
Has this forum helped you out? Say thanks by donating some of your hard earned cash towards running costs.

:: <=-LOADED TELLY BOXES - NO CONTRACT - NO SUBSCRIPTION - PM ME-=> ::
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

Post by Mori Man »

Did you get to a solution on this ?

Pulsing is a warped disc.

Different thickness although not ideal wont make any odds - when you initially pumped the brakes the pistons on that side would have travelled out further that's all.

Where you would notice the difference is hard riding or track as one side would fade quicker than the other and might cause it to tip in or out.
Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly