Leanne_zxr
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

electrical problemo

Post by Leanne_zxr »

hiya everyone,

ive got an issue with my bike well lots but im addressing one at a time :smt003

basically bikerz noticed my rear light wasnt working (not the brake light the side light) so checked the bulbs and checked all the wires and earthing upto the fuse box no problems as all, i rode my bike a bit then one day i started it up and the front lights stopped working all together! but the back light started working!? ive got no main beam or sidelights, i checked the bulbs one of the siidelights has blown but the other is fine,

thanks to jamz ive put a different fise box in as i thought this might be the problem as mine wasnt to clever but ive still got the problem and am all out of ideas, so any help would be much appreciated,

thanks

Leanne
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

sounds like an earthing problem somewhere?
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Theres an earth just in front of the shock, right by the fuel pump, and theres one on the top of the crank case also. Leanne, do i remember you saying about a loose green wire once?? Maybe thats your problemo.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Theres the one by the shock, havent got a pic of the one on the engine. But its just a bolt that undoes from the casing, in fact i think theres two, you want the one without the rubber cap on top.
Leanne_zxr
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by Leanne_zxr »

hey rob,

when you sorted the carbs out there was a loose yellow and black wire which andy said was the battery earth and he attached it back where it should be, thanks for the info on where those other earthing points are, i will check them all tomorow,

will let you know how i get on,

Leanne