Moderator: Moderators

toykaboy
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

ignition problems......

Post by toykaboy »

mornin all,

rite here's my problem, pulled up at work on thursday evening to pick my wage slip up, (i was parked with my back to the sun) so i turned my ignition off whilst doing so i looked at my clock lights and they appear'd to still be on but i thought it was just the sum reflecting in them. so i took my key out, did my business then came back to my bike.... and bugger me the battery was flat!!!! so i was right my lights were still on.

anyway i got the bike back home, had a look, the key kills the engine but not the neutral light or oil light. and while the key is out you can still turn all the lights on and off.

so brought a new ignition barrell and switch thinking it was that. but no luck so now im stuck as to what it is

can anyone help me with this ???

rob
you bend it you buy it!
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

sounds like a corroded earth strap somewhere mate, check the lead from the battery first.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
toykaboy
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by toykaboy »

rite iv sussed it,

it was a dodgy connection in the started relay!!

i couldnt believe it myself but hey took it apart cleaned all the connections and walah its fixed

1 more quick question... what it the average chargeing voltage with everything switched on ( lights etc) at around 5000rpm??

rob
you bend it you buy it!