starting issuse

Moderator: Moderators

mcollier
My Bike: zxr400

starting issuse

Post by mcollier »

Hi all ive recently bought my first zxr 400 for use on the track, it has developed a fault which after hours of checking i cant solve. some days the bike will start and sound brill then the next day will not run at all. ive checked most of the basics like spark plugs and carbs but still she wont run. can someone point me in the right direction. help
lewisdale
CBT slow
CBT slow
My Bike: zxr400 H2

Re: starting issuse

Post by lewisdale »

bad connection somewhere on the wiring? dirt in the carbs? dodgy fuel? dodgy coils? dodgy fuel pump or relay? my fuel pump used to pack up every now and again and id give it a bang and it would go again, choke working ok? dodgy ignition switch?
mcollier
My Bike: zxr400

Post by mcollier »

sorry for not gettin back to you cheers for your reply, sorted starting probs now.
bikes runnin brill, done a couple of track days on it now and i love it, cornering is fantastic just love goin round and overtaking the boys on there big bikes.
i still need help my bikes an 1989 h model and is restricted to 10,000 revs read on site that you can fit a resistor to over come this issue. i bought a cdi unit with a blue label but bike wont even start with this fitted guess i bought the wrong one. the clocks that were took off are kph with the pink, brown and yellow n black wires im just confused as what i can or cant do to rectify this problem.
doin donninington in 2 weeks time love to get it sorted for then can someone point me in the right direction
cheers
razzcolio
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400L1/VT750C2B/VT600

Post by razzcolio »

ok well 2 points....

1. what was the start issue that uve resolved?

2. use the search feature in the top corner and there's a billion topics on de-restricting the H models... (i cant remember what u do but there is summat to do with the pink wire...)